President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump returned to the White House on Tuesday after a four-day state visit to Japan and will leave this weekend to leave for the UK where they will meet Queen Elizabeth II.
The first pair got out at Marine One and held their hands as they walked across the lawn to stay at the White House.
The president waved, but did not stop talking to reporters after the 13-hour flight with a gas stop in Alaska.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump returned home to the White House after a four-day state visit to Japan
The first pair only gets a short rest period before it leaves for a state visit to the UK
The first lady, dressed in a dark blue Calvin Klein dress with a value of 2500 dollars, did not speak either.
On the final leg of his Japanese journey – where he met American soldiers and women at the USS Wasp – he said the visit was & # 39; amazing and unforgettable & # 39; used to be.
Trump became the first head of state to meet Japanese new emperor Naruhito during his four days in Asia. He also played a game of golf with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe and enjoyed an imperial welcome ceremony together with a state dinner.
He and the first lady also took a sumo wrestling match.
There won't be much time for rest.
The Trumps will start a three-day state visit to the United Kingdom on Monday. It is their first state visit there. Their stop in London last summer did not have the formal indication of a & # 39; state visit & # 39 ;.
Before he leaves, the President will make comments on Thursday at the Graduation Ceremony of the United States Air Force Academy.
On Friday, he and the first lady organize a reception at the White House to honor the Gold Star families.
Then they arrive on Monday in London, where they will meet a number of prominent members of the royal family.
A state visit includes a formal welcome ceremony at Buckingham Palace, along with a dinner with white ties there.
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will join the queen for the official ceremonial welcome that is being organized in the garden of Buckingham Palace.
That will replace the usual location of Horse Guards Parade in Whitehall – a decision that is probably due to security issues.
There will also be a state banquet for the president that evening for an exuberant dinner with white ties organized in the ballroom of the palace.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will join the Queen and Charles and Camilla for the event, with leading figures from British national life and prominent Americans in Britain.
The three-day visit of the Trumps to the UK includes a state dinner at Buckingham Palace
The Duke of Sussex takes part in a lunch with the Trumps, but his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stays with baby Archie on maternity leave
Buckingham Palace today released the travel schedule for the President's three-day visit to the United Kingdom.
After the official welcome on Monday, the Trumps will hold a private lunch with the Queen and Prince Harry meets the president, but the Duchess of Sussex, the American actress Meghan Markle, will avoid a potentially uncomfortable meeting with the leader, against whom they are vocally campaigning fought against in the 2016 US elections.
During President Trump's private lunch with Queen and Prince Harry, Her Majesty invites him and the first lady to view a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery, which displays objects from the history of the United States from the Royal Collection.
After this, the first pair, accompanied by Prince Andrew, visits Westminster Abbey, where the president lays a wreath at the grave of the unknown warrior.
Then they take a short tour of the abbey.
The first couple will also drink tea with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
On Tuesday, Trump and the departing Prime Minister Theresa May are organizing a business breakfast meeting, attended by The Duke of York, at St. James & # 39; s Palace, with leading British and American business leaders.
The visit is because May has announced that she will be in power in the country after three years in the midst of the Brexit crisis.
And it's in the midst of a power shift in the UK. Nigel Farage & # 39; s new populist Brexit party beat the Tory and Labor parties during Sunday's election, insuring an extraordinary 29 members of parliament.
Farage was the main advocate of the British withdrawal from the European Union.
The full itinerary of US President Donald Trump's visit to the UK was revealed today by Buckingham Palace (depicted in 2018 with the Queen)
Arriving on June 3, President Trump is welcomed by the queen in Buckingham Palace (left). The president will also drink tea at the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (right) at Clarence House
After lunch together, the leaders will hold a joint press conference.
& # 39; In the evening, the Trumps organize a return dinner at Winfield House, the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will attend the dinner on behalf of The Queen.
On Wednesday, the last day of the visit, the Queen, accompanied by Prince Charles, will join the Trumps and attend the National Memorial Event for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Southsea Common, Portsmouth, in addition to more than 300 D – Veterans.
Trump brings his children and their spouses into contact with the royal family when he makes his visit, even though only one of the couples officially holds positions with the administration.
Reports indicate that Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner – who serve as White House advisers – will be present along with Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, his wife Lara and Tiffany Trump.
The only Trump child allegedly missing is Barron Trump, who is 13 years old.
& # 39; President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have accepted Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's invitation to visit the United Kingdom from 3 to 5 June 2019, & # 39; said the White House in a statement, without mentioning whether other family members are attending.
& # 39; This state visit will confirm the steadfast and special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom & # 39 ;, the statement continued.
During his trip, Trump meets the departing British Prime Minister Theresa May
President Donald Trump is expected to meet his adult children and their husbands next month with the royal family during a visit to the UK.
Earlier, Queen Elizabeth II also organized two other US presidents – George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush in November 2003 and President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama in May 2011.
In addition, Trump will attend a ceremony in Normandy, France, for the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
And the president has planned a stop in Ireland to play golf at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg Ireland.
While there, Trump will also meet with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar in Shannon, Ireland, which is only a ten-kilometer plane journey to his resort on the east coast of the European country.
Full travel description of Donald Trump's three-day state visit to the UK
MONDAY, JUNE 3
- Arrive in the morning and receive a ceremonial welcome in the Buckingham Palace Garden, hosted by the Queen and with Prince Charles and Camilla.
- President Trump, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, will inspect the guard of honor consisting of the Nijmegen company grenadier guard.
- Private lunch with the queen, followed by a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery, which shows items from the history of the United States from the Royal Collection.
- Mr. and Mrs. Trump, accompanied by The Duke of York, will visit Westminster Abbey, where the president will lay a wreath at the grave of the unknown warrior. They will also receive a tour of the abbey.
- Then they go to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall for tea at Clarence House.
- & # 39; In the evening the queen holds a state banquet at Buckingham Palace and both the queen and the president will both give a speech at the start of the banquet.
TUESDAY JUNE 4
- On Tuesday morning, President and Prime Minister Theresa May will jointly organize a business breakfast meeting, attended by The Duke of York, at the St. James & # 39; s Palace, with prominent British and American business leaders.
- The president and Mrs. Trump then visit 10 Downing Street to talk to the prime minister.
- After lunch together, President Trump and the prime minister will attend a press conference.
- & # 39; In the evening, the President and Mrs. Trump organize a return meal at Winfield House, the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America. Prince Charles and Camilla will attend the dinner on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 5
- On Wednesday, the Queen, accompanied by Prince Charles, President Trump and Melania, will attend the National Memorial Event for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Southsea Common, Portsmouth, along with more than 300 D-Day veterans.
- The queen formally says goodbye to President and Mrs. Trump in Portsmouth.
- President Trump and Mrs. Trump leave privately later in the day.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) japan (t) donald-trump (t) melania-trump