The January transfer window may be closed in Europe, but the teams are looking ahead to the summer and there is plenty of gossip. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, deals done!
MAIN STORY: Madrid’s Camavinga on Man Utd’s radar
Real Madrid has opened talks with the midfielder eduardo camavinga for a new deal in an effort to fend off Manchester United’s interest, reports the Athletic.
Camavinga has impressed at the Bernabéu following his stint at Stade Rennes in 2021, but he has only started just over half of the club’s LaLiga games this season.
Instead, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has often preferred an experienced duo. Luka modric and Toni Kroos in midfield, which has left the 20-year-old Frenchman frustrated at times.
Camavinga has just two seasons left on a six-year deal with The whites so moving to United wouldn’t be easy, but his head might go crazy if he promised more playing time. United were interested in signing him 18 months ago when he made the decision to sign for Madrid, but the right offer, plus the prospect of partnering with his ex-teammate casemirocould seal the deal for Reds boss Erik Ten Hag.
Real Madrid seem reluctant to let the star go and as such are talking to him about an improved deal that would see him improve his salary significantly.
Additionally, the club would look to further protect their player by adding a massive £1 billion buyout clause to his new contract in an effort to scare away potential suitors.
– Broadcast on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– kim min jaeNapoli’s form at the heart of the defense has won him many admirers, and not just inside the Estadio Diego Armando Maradona. Journalist Ekrem Konur reports that Internazionale could make a move for the 26-year-old in the summer. Napoli are clawing their way to the top of Serie A, and Kim has been one of the biggest stars under Luciano Spalletti. Napoli are understandably reluctant to let the South Korean leave in the summer, but Inter are one of several clubs, along with Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, who are monitoring his situation.
– AC Milan and RB Leipzig are interested in the FC Salzburg striker Noah Okaforaccording calciomercato. Okafor has recently changed representation in hopes of getting a big move in the summer. The striker has turned down the opportunity to renew his contract at Salzburg, which ends in 2024. Okafor, who averages a goal every 2.5 games, could be transferred for around 20-25 million euros.
– Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe is considering signing Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominayaccording to the Telegraph. The club expressed interest in the 26-year-old in January, but United were unwilling to loan a player to a club likely to rival his position for a top four finish. However, Newcastle could now benefit from the midfielder’s subsequent lack of playing time as he has only started seven games for United. Howe feels the Scotland international has the physical attributes to fit into his system, and McTominay is said to be open to the move.
– Arsenal have made no secret of their admiration for the West Ham United captain Declan Ricebut they will have to fight for his signing with Chelsea, according to a journalist Fabrizio Romano. Chelsea hope to associate the 24-year-old with Enzo Fernandez in a midfield renovated for the 2023-24 season. Rice’s contract expires in 2024, so West Ham is likely to let him go this summer in an effort to bolster his own team. The Hammers’ bargaining power depends on whether or not they can stay in the Premier League as they are currently in the bottom three along with AFC Bournemouth and Southampton.
– Manchester United scouts have been keeping an eye on the Japan international in Brighton & Hove Albion form. kaoru mythomaaccording to the Sun. The 25-year-old winger joined the Saugulls for just £2.7m from Japanese outfit Kawasaki Frontale in 2021, spending his first season on loan before returning to England last summer. He has been nothing short of sensational, scoring nine goals and adding six assists. United’s scouts will get a closer look once more when both teams meet in the FA Cup semi-final on April 22 (broadcast FA Cup matches on ESPN+).