The January transfer window is closed in Europe, but the teams are looking ahead to the summer and there is plenty of gossip. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, deals done!
MAIN STORY: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool eye Wirtz
The race to sign Bayer Leverkusen Florian Wirtz is heating up with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool eyeing the midfielder, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The 19-year-old Germany international has previously been linked with a possible move to Barcelona, but the other two European giants are interested in signing him in what is being described as an open race.
Xabi Alonso’s side remain confident that Wirtz will not force a move away from the BayArena in the summer, amid the belief that he is happy to stay for at least one more season. He has a contract at the Bundesliga club until 2027.
He has been in excellent form for the Bundesliga side since returning from injury, contributing to eight goals in 13 games in all competitions, playing 84 minutes as Leverkusen enjoyed a 2-1 league win over Bayern. from Munich on Sunday.
– Broadcast on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
– Paris Saint-Germain is interested in signing the AC Milan striker rafael leoreports calciomercato. It is understood that the Parc des Princes hierarchy sees the 23-year-old as a replacement for Lionel Messi, and the sports director Luis Ocampos plans to work on the bases of the move in the coming weeks. Leao, still under contract at the San Siro until 2024, is believed to be prioritizing staying in Milan while talks on a new deal continue, with the Portugal international waiting to hear his offer before considering leaving the club. Rossoneri.
– Real Madrid seem willing to join the race to sign the Celta de Vigo midfielder gabriel veigawrites Sport. The 20-year-old has been attracting interest at a national level in Barcelona and in the Premier League of late, with the latest indicating that Madrid see him as a potential future successor to either. Luka modric either Toni Kroos. Veiga has contributed to 12 goals in 25 games this season, although his club could command a significant fee with his contract that doesn’t expire until the summer of 2026.
– Leeds United are preparing a move to sign the Southampton striker che adamsaccording Soccer Insider. It is reported that the Elland Road hierarchy will make a move to sign the 26-year-old if the Saints, who are currently bottom of the Premier League table, face relegation this season. Adams scored his fifth goal of the season in a 3-3 draw against Tottenham on Saturday.
– Palmeiras has made an approach to sign the Red Bull Bragantino winger Arthurreveals eSports UOL. The Brazilian team have reportedly made an offer of €8m to their rivals for the 25-year-old’s transfer, but negotiations will continue after Palmeiras had their initial offer rejected.
– Napoli are a big admirer of the Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlundreveals calciomercato. The 20-year-old, who scored a hat-trick for Denmark in a 3-1 win over Finland on Thursday night, is also believed to be attracting suitors from the Premier League, and Luciano Spalletti’s team believe he it would be an ideal replacement. for Victor Osimhen in case he leaves in the summer.