The transfer window may be closed in Europe, but the teams are looking ahead to the summer and there is plenty of gossip. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, deals done!
MAIN STORY: Man Utd make Kane a top priority
harry kane has been identified as Manchester United’s top striker choice in the summer by club manager Erik ten Hag, according to the Manchester evening news.
The 29-year-old’s future at Tottenham Hotspur remains uncertain as the north London club go 15 consecutive trophy-free seasons.
Kane is also nearing the final year of his contract at the club, meaning Spurs may be forced to cash in on a possible transfer of their talisman this summer.
Old Trafford is perhaps the most obvious destination for Kane next season, with Ten Hag keen to sign a high-profile striker in the summer, along with the likely guarantee of Champions League football – something Spurs cannot promise. at the moment.
With antonio martial Expected to leave United before next season, there is a consensus at the club that a striker should be the priority in the upcoming transfer window.
This is not the first time Kane has been linked with a move to a Manchester club. In 2021, Manchester City were believed to have singled out Kane as a target, although Spurs were under less financial pressure to let Kane go, with three years remaining on his contract, and blocked the move.
Bayern Munich have also been named as a possible destination, and the Bundesliga club is believed to be in the market for a striker, although it is unclear if Kane is willing to move abroad. Bayern were heavily linked with a move for Tottenham’s record goalscorer last summer, though it never materialized.
– Newcastle United are keen to extend Bruno Guimaraes‘ contract at the club until 2028, amid interest from Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, according to Ekrem Konur. The Brazilian midfielder sees his current contract at St James’ Park expire in 2026, but an improved deal could dampen interest from elsewhere. The 25-year-old has had four goals and three assists for Eddie Howe’s side this season, helping the Magpies in their bid for a top-four finish.
– Manchester United is in pole position to sign Frenkie de Jongwith Barcelona willing to let the midfielder go to balance the accounts, reports Soccer Insider. The Red Devils have long been fans of the 25-year-old and tried to sign De Jong last summer. The report reveals that the Catalan club will demand £70m to allow the Dutch international to leave Camp Nou, which United are willing to comply as long as they have the funds available.
– Chelsea are monitoring the situation of the defenders Aymeric Laporte and Jose Gimenezaccording to rudy galletti. Laporte has struggled to maintain consistent playing time at Manchester City this season, appearing just seven times in the Premier League, while Giménez also lost his place in the starting eleven at Atlético Madrid. Both players see their contracts at their respective clubs expire in 2025, which could make City and Atleti interested in transferring them this summer while they can still command a hefty fee.
– Barcelona is interested in signing joao cancel loaned in the summer, and Bayern Munich is unlikely to activate the permanent transfer option, according to Sport. After a falling out with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, it seems unlikely the full-back will remain at the Premier League champions after the conclusion of his loan spell at Bayern. The report indicates Barcelona are hopeful they can sign the 28-year-old on a loan deal in the summer, representing a financially astute deal for the cash-strapped Catalan giants.
– Real Madrid is still interested in signing kylian mbappebut they are willing to wait until 2024 to sign the Frenchman for free, according to AS. The report reveals that it is unlikely that The whites will attempt to sign the 24-year-old in the summer, due to the hefty transfer fee Paris Saint-Germain is expected to demand. Instead, due to a clause in Mbappé’s contract that allows him to leave the club for free in 2024, Real Madrid are willing to wait.