The January transfer window may be closed in Europe, but the teams are looking ahead to the summer and there is plenty of gossip. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea draws attention to Gvardiol as Neymar links up great
Chelsea have no interest in signing the Paris Saint-Germain striker neymaraccording to Sky Sports Deutschland Florian Plettenberg.
The Premier League outfit have recently linked up with the 31-year-old, and Chelsea owner Todd Boehly previously met with the Parc des Princes hierarchy about a possible move for the PSG star, but the latest reveals that they are not considering a move. this summer.
According Fabrizio Romanothe Blues are more interested in signing the defender from RB Leipzig Josko Gvardioland it looks like they are set to turn their attention to him while Graham Potter looks for a long-term solution in mid-defence.
Manchester City and Liverpool are also reported to be in the running for the 21-year-old Croatian international, who has been an outstanding performer this season, although he featured in Leipzig’s heartbreaking 7-0 Champions League defeat at the Etihad on Tuesday.
– Broadcast on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
– Internazionale will face competition in the race for the Bayern Munich defender benjamin pavardunderstands calciomercato. Both Barcelona and Chelsea are reported to be interested in the 26-year-old, who will not have a contract at the Allianz Arena in the summer. He has remained a key player for Julian Nagelsmann’s side with 31 appearances in all competitions, but they could soon be forced to make a decision as clubs across Europe scramble to sign him.
– Liverpool bet on the Boca Juniors midfielder alan varelareports Soccer Insider. The First Division side are reported to be keen to accept an offer in the region of £20m for the 21-year-old, having previously turned down requests from AFC Bournemouth in January. Barcelona and Newcastle United are also believed to be following the Argentina youth international.
– Multiple clubs across Europe are watching the striker’s progress Balogun Folarinwrites Ekrem Konur. The 21-year-old striker, who is currently on loan at Stade de Reims from Arsenal, has been in excellent form this season, and scouts from Newcastle, Internazionale, Napoli and Ajax Amsterdam are understood to have looked at him during the recent Ligue. 1 1-0 victory over AS Monaco, in which Balogun scored the decisive goal.
– Barcelona winger Ilias Akhomach is ready to leave the club, reveals Sports world. One of the latest promises from the academy, the 18-year-old has decided to leave the Camp Nou in search of a first-team title. It is understood that despite interest from AC Milan, Sevilla and Club Brugge, he is now in advanced talks to sign with Premier League side Leeds United, expected to finish this month.
– Promising full-back emmanuel benjamin has signed his first professional contract with Real Madrid. ESPN Sources report that he has signed a two-year contract at the Santiago Bernabéu until the summer of 2025, with the LaLiga giants hoping to develop him after he impressed while playing on both sides of defence. Benjamin has several nations monitoring his progress since he was born in Brazil, has an Italian passport and moved to Spain with his family when he was five years old. The 16-year-old is currently close to completing his recovery from an ACL injury.
– Despite earlier reports that Internazionale were willing to sign Romelu Lukaku on a permanent deal, he now looks set to return to Chelsea in the summer. Talking about his future, quoted by Fabrizio RomanoClub CEO Giuseppe Marotta said: “Lukaku deal? He will return to Chelsea as a direct loan, it’s part of the deal, we’ll see later. Lukaku is not in good condition yet, we are still waiting to see the real Romelu as we saw in the past”.