‘We’ve never had a written agreement with Barcelona… Today, there’s no deal’: Neymar’s return to Nou Camp on the rocks as PSG chief reveals they did not make a bid until just this week
- Neymar is keen to end his time at PSG and rejoin his former side Barcelona
- There had been suggestions that a deal was in place with the Spanish giants
- But Leonardo scuppered that and made it clear that there was no agreement
Neymar’s move to Barcelona is on the cusp of breaking down after PSG’s Leonardo revealed there is NO deal in place.
The Spanish giants have been desperate to bring the Brazilian forward back to the Nou Camp this summer after he made it clear that he wanted to leave the French capital.
And there had even been suggestions that they had an agreement in place with PSG to make the signing.
Neymar’s move to Barcelona is on the rocks after PSG’s Leonardo said there is no agreement
There had been suggestions a deal was agreed but Leonardo made it clear that wasn’t the case
But sporting director Leonardo has now made it clear that there is still plenty to be done before Monday’s deadline if Neymar is to make a surprising switch back to his former club.
Speaking after PSG’s win over Metz on Friday night, he said: ‘Barcelona always knew what we wanted.
‘They submitted their first written offer on the August 27… We’ve never had a written agreement with Barcelona.
‘Today, there’s no deal. That’s the current situation.’
Neymar has grown unhappy in Paris and is keen on a return to La Liga with Barcelona
The 27-year-old was not involved on Friday as PSG continued their perfect start to their domestic season.
There was controversy earlier in the day as a brand that Neymar works with uploaded a picture to their Instagram account showing him in Barcelona’s shirt for this season before deleting it minutes later.
Neymar left Barcelona for £198million in 2017 but has grown unhappy in Paris in recent months and has made no secret of his desire to return to La Liga.