Blooming heck: Council is forced to clarify that the rockpool riparian zone is closed due to algae bloom, not because Orlando Bloom was visiting
- The Council of Queensland forced to clarify why it closed its rockpool in front of the sea
- The workers detected the algae in the water, people thought it was Orlando Bloom
- The Strand Rock Pool in Queensland has been closed until further notice
Sahar Mourad for Daily Mail Australia
A council has been forced to clarify the closure of its rocky area facing the sea due to a flowering of algae, and not because Orlando Bloom was visiting.
"There are incorrect reports that the Rockpool Strand has been closed because Orlando Bloom is in the city. Please note that the Rock Pool is in fact closed due to a blooming of ALGAL, NOT the Orlando Bloom Council has reported that the two are not related, "the Townsville City Council tweeted.
The Strand Rock Pool in northeastern Queensland has been closed until further notice after council workers discovered the flowering of Trichodesmium algae in the water, Townsville Bulletin reported.
The Townsville City Council tweeted the alert on Thursday informing residents that their coastal rock group is closed due to
The Strand Rock Pool in northeastern Queensland has been closed until further notice due to the algal bloom NO Orlando Bloom (left)
According to the Australian Marine of Science, Trichodesmium is a blue-green algae.
The cells bind to each other in chains and groups and eventually rise to the surface of the water.
Surf Life Saving's supervisor, Queensland Townsville, Russell Blanchard, told Townsville Bulletin that he had a "sewer" smell and that the beach next to the pool will remain open.
- Orlando Bloom is an English actor
- He is 41 years old
- He is from the United Kingdom
- He is not an Algal Bloom
- The scientific term is Trichodesmium
- It is a blue-green alga
- The cells come together in chains and groups
- They do not look like Orlando Bloom
Supervisor of Surf Life Saving in Queensland Townsville, Russell Blanchard, said he had a "sewer" smell