Tottenham’s Dele Alli faces suspension by the FA after making a joke about the corona virus outbreak
Tottenham’s Dele Alli faces suspension by the FA after making a joke about the corona virus outbreak while he seemed to be mocking an Asian man
- Dele Alli landed himself in hot water after he appeared to have replaced the corona virus
- He filmed an Asian man and suggested he was afraid of catching the virus
- The Tottenham star then took the video down and apologized for any violation
- Now the English international is confronted with punishment for his video on social media
Dele Alli is confronted with a ban after the FA opened an investigation into his video on social media that joked about the corona virus outbreak.
The midfielder of Tottenham and England, 23, is also reprimanded by his club when he returns to practice on Wednesday.
But it is the prospect of a ban that will hit Alli the most, who has issued two apologies for the inappropriate video.
Dele Alli landed himself in hot water after posting an insensitive video about corona virus
In the video he seemed to mock an Asian man and he took a picture of what was hand wash
The 23-year-old has since removed the video and then posted an apology video on Weibo
The FA has written Alli to request his observations and the level of each sentence depends on whether the governing body ruled its function as racist or merely offensive.
Another consideration for the FA will be whether the function was intended for public consumption. Alli placed the video on his private Snapchat account, which is only accessible to people he has verified.
However, the video in question was leaked to the Daily Star on Sunday, and football against racism in Europe, executive director Piara Powar said Monday night: “It is at least a very insensitive joke. The FA is right to investigate this and possibly take action. “
The FA is likely to take into account their decision last week to accuse Port Vale striker Tom Pope, who is accused of anti-Semitism about tweets connecting the Rothschilds with “every bank on the planet.”
Bernardo Silva from Manchester City was banned for one game and was fined £ 50,000 in November for a position in which he compared teammate Benjamin Mendy with the cartoon character of chocolate brand Conguitos.
An FA committee accepted that Bernardo had no intention of being racist, but nevertheless suspended him. The messages from Pope and Bernardo were made on Twitter, a public forum.
Alli posted the private video on Saturday. It showed a man of Asian descent alongside the caption: “Corona whatttttt, please listen with volume.”
In the next part of the Snapchat story, the midfielder wears a mask while he appears to be worried. He then shows a bottle of hand wash, accompanied by the caption: “This virus must be faster than that to catch me.”
After I had already said sorry, Alli posted a second video apology on the Chinese social media site Weibo on Sunday. Nevertheless, Alli and Spurs are bracing themselves for FA sanctions.
The Tottenham star and England International have stepped up the storm during the winter break
Alli has been in excellent shape for Tottenham since the arrival of Jose Mourinho. He was tipped off for a recall in England for next month’s friendly games against Italy and Denmark, but every FA sentence could cease hope.
Alli, who took real precautions against the killer virus during the winter break, removed the video after two minutes, apparently realizing his judgment error.
Spurs have important links to Asia. Kumho Tires, Fun 888 and HSBC are listed as official partners on the club’s website.
A spokesperson for Kick It Out said: “We were disappointed to see the video that Dele Alli recently posted on his social media. However, we are pleased that Dele acknowledged his mistake and apologized for the incident.
“Social media offer players a welcome and powerful platform to connect with fans in a positive way. But racist stereotypes are not acceptable as a joke to be broadcast on social media. ”