Tottenham and England star Dele Alli CHARGED by the FA with misconduct after making jokes about the corona virus outbreak while seeming to mock an Asian man
- Dele Alli landed himself in hot water after he appeared to have replaced the corona virus
- He filmed an Asian man and suggested he was afraid of catching the virus
- The Tottenham star then took the video down and apologized for any violation
- The English international has been sued by the FA for its video on social media
Dele Alli has been accused by the football association of misconduct after an investigation of his social media video that made jokes about the outbreak of the corona virus.
The Tottenham and England midfielder, 23, violated FA Rule E3 (1) because the position was considered “offensive and / or inappropriate and / or discredited the game.”
Alli now has until 5 March to submit its response to misconduct.
Dele Alli landed himself in hot water after posting an insensitive video about corona virus
In the video he seemed to mock an Asian man and he took a picture of what was hand wash
The 23-year-old has since removed the video and then posted an apology video on Weibo
The FA wrote to Alli to request its comments as part of the investigation and concluded that “the function constitutes a” serious violation “defined in FA rule E3 (2) as it contained a reference, either expressly or implicitly, race and / or color and / or ethnic origin and / or nationality. ”
Another consideration for the FA was whether the item was intended for public consumption. Alli placed the video on his private Snapchat account, which is only accessible to people he has verified.
However, the video in question was leaked to the Daily Star on Sunday, and football against racism in Europe, executive director Piara Powar recently said, “It is at least a deeply insensitive joke. The FA is right to do research and possibly take action. ”
Bernardo Silva from Manchester City was banned for one game and was fined £ 50,000 in November for a position in which he compared teammate Benjamin Mendy with the cartoon character of chocolate brand Conguitos.
An FA committee accepted that Bernardo had no intention of being racist, but nevertheless suspended him. The messages from Pope and Bernardo were made on Twitter, a public forum.
Alli posted the private video on Saturday. It showed a man of Asian descent alongside the caption: “Corona whatttttt, please listen with volume.”
In the next part of the Snapchat story, the midfielder wears a mask while he appears to be worried. He then shows a bottle of hand wash, accompanied by the caption: “This virus gunna must be faster than that to catch me.”
After I had already said sorry, Alli then posted a second video apology on the Chinese social media site Weibo, but that was not enough to prevent a FA charge.
Alli has been in excellent shape for Tottenham since the arrival of Jose Mourinho. He was tipped for a recall in England for next month’s friendly games against Italy and Denmark, but the FA penalty could harm his hope.
The Tottenham star and England International have stepped up the storm during the winter break
Alli, who took real precautions against the killer virus during the winter break, removed the video after two minutes, apparently realizing his judgment error.
Spurs have important links to Asia. Kumho Tires, Fun 888 and HSBC are listed as official partners on the club’s website.
A spokesperson for Kick It Out said: “We were disappointed to see the video that Dele Alli recently posted on his social media. However, we are pleased that Dele acknowledged his mistake and apologized for the incident.
“Social media offer players a welcome and powerful platform to connect with fans in a positive way. But racist stereotypes are not acceptable as a joke to be broadcast on social media. “