REVEALED: The $38 mascara has been voted the best in Australia by thousands of women — and it’s not the first time it’s on the list
- A $38 mascara has been voted the best in Australia by thousands of women
- Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara was voted best in Mecca’s Beauty Election
- The mascara has dominated the category since the Mecca beauty pageant began
- Ingredients including thickening peptides and extracts of acacia senegal tree
- Thousands of women have left rave reviews online and given them four stars
A $38 mascara has been voted the best in Australia by thousands of women, who credit it with transforming, lengthening and curling their short lashes.
Too Faced’sBetter than sexmascara was voted the best money can buy in the 2021 Mecca Beauty Election, after beating Kevin Aucoin products, Hourglass and Mecca’s own brand.
This isn’t the first time the $38 beauty purchase has won the coveted ‘Best Mascara’ award, which has dominated the category since Mecca’s first beauty pageant more than five years ago.
A $38 mascara has been voted the best in Australia by thousands of women, who give it credit for transforming, lengthening and curling their short lashes (pictured after use)
Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara was voted the best money can buy in the 2021 Mecca Beauty Election (pictured before and after use)
But Mecca’s experts said ‘Better Than Sex’ has become the ‘benchmark mascara for the entire beauty industry’, thanks to its ability to give fullness, fluffiness and drama to every lash.
Key ingredients, including peptides, deeply condition and strengthen your lashes by supplying the hair cortex with vitamin building blocks, while film-strengthening polymer locks in the curl for a lasting lift that ‘won’t give way’.
The mascara also contains extracts of acacia senegal tree, which makes your lashes look thicker and more voluminous.
Better Than Sex is made without animal products, gluten and parabens.
Mecca’s experts said it has become the “benchmark mascara for the entire beauty industry,” thanks to its ability to give every lash fullness, fluffiness and drama.
To use the mascara, Too Faced recommends curling your lashes first and then applying the mascara at the roots before pulling the wand through the length of the lashes.
To use the mascara (pictured), it is recommended that you curl your lashes first before applying two coats for curl and three for the ‘full false lash effect’
Two coats will give you curled lashes, while three will give you the full false lash effect.
Those who have tried the mascara have left rave reviews on the Mecca website, where the $38 product has an average rating of 4.2 stars.
“I’ve been using ‘Better than Sex’ for a few years now,” wrote one reviewer.
“Occasionally I try a different mascara, but I always come back to Too Faced.
“I find it easily covers my lashes with one coat, which provides great definition and volume.”
Another added: ‘If you’re looking for a mascara that gives you volume, doesn’t clump and lasts all day, get this mascara. I recommend this product 100 percent, do yourself a favor and buy it.”
Others described it as their ‘go-to’, ‘holy grail’ and ‘hero beauty buy’.
Award winners ‘Best in Beauty’
* BEST HAIR HERO: Briogeo Don’t despair, fix! Deep conditioning hair mask.
* BEST PERFUME: Maison Margiela By The Fireplace eau de toilette.
* BEST BODY: Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Butt Cream.
* BEST BASIS: NARS pure glow.
* BEST LIPSTICK: MAC lipstick.
* BEST MASCARA: Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
* BEST DEVICE: Dr Dennis Gross Spectralite Faceware.
* BEST SERUM: Drunk Elephant TLC Raspberry Glycolic Night Serum.
* BEST MOISTURATOR: Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream.
* BEST SERVICE: MECCA glamour.
* BEST NEWBODY: Glow Recipe Watermelon Dewdrops.
* BEST MULTI-USE PRODUCT: RMS Lips2Cheek.
Award winners ‘Best in Beauty’ continued
* BEST CLEANER: Tatcha the rice wash.
* BEST MAKEUP EXTENDER: Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Spray.
* BEST EYE CARE: Chantecaille Stress Repair Concentrate +.
* BEST CHEEK DOLL: Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks.
* BEST BROW PRODUCT: Hourglass Bow Eyebrow Sculpt Pencil.
* BEST STAIN CARE: dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel.
* BEST TANNING PRODUCT: Isle of Paradise self-tanning drops.
* BEST HOME FRAGRANCE: La Labo Santal 26 Candle.
* BEST INVESTMENT: Cosmetics27 Baume27.
* BEST HALL OF FAME: MECCA Cosmetics To Save Face SPF50+.
Thousands of women have crowned the best makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s beloved ‘Best in Beauty’ awards
Thousands of women have crowned the best makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s beloved ‘Best in Beauty’ awards.
Every year, Australia’s largest beauty retailer, Mecca asks its customers to vote for the best mascara, lipstick, moisturizer and more, to reveal the products shoppers just can’t live without.
This year, more than 24,000 beauty lovers cast more than 220,000 votes for the items they can’t get enough of.
The highest-grossing category was skin care, with 41,000 votes, followed closely by makeup, which received 26,000 nominations.