TikTok prankster Mizzy has been banned from posting on social media after he was found guilty of sharing videos without consent.
The social media personality, real name Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, was found to have “willfully breached” a court order banning him from sharing videos of people without their consent “within hours” of his approval.
Judge Matthew Bone, who oversaw the 19-year-old’s trial at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, criticized O’Garro for “lacking all credibility” after he denied four counts of breaching the order.
He ordered the father-of-one not to use social media “at all” except to send messages until he is sentenced next month and warned he could go to prison for the crimes he had committed.
It comes after Paul Lennon, O’Garro’s defense lawyer, revealed in court on Thursday that his client had been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
O’Garro’s main witness in the case, who was due to testify at the trial, was also arrested and both were released on bail on the condition that they do not contact each other.
Lennon attempted to adjourn the hearing, claiming that O’Garro could not receive a “fair trial” without his only witness, but his request was rejected by Judge Bone.
“He lacked all credibility”
The court heard how O’Garro began sharing videos of people without their consent on the same day the criminal behavior order was passed, May 24 this year.
Footage, shared on O’Garro’s Twitter account on the evening of 24 May, was shown showing him in Westfield shopping centre, Stratford, after appearing on Piers Morgan’s TalkTV show and mocking the British justice system.
In the video, passers-by could be seen in the background as Mizzy said to the camera: “The UK law is a joke.”
Other videos shared on O’Garro’s Snapchat account, which also broke the law, showed him grabbing a schoolboy by his uniform and another showing him fighting with a man with dwarfism, which O’Garro said were fake videos made with your prior agreement.
O’Garro’s claim that one of his friends, who had access to his login details, posted the videos on Twitter without his consent, was dismissed by Judge Bone as “inconceivable”.
The judge said: “I have to say that I did not accept the defendant’s evidence. He lacked all credibility.
“Within hours of the criminal conduct order, he posed (in Westfield) stating that the video would be shared and it was. The defendant was filmed trying to shake the hand of a man from whom he did not obtain consent.
“He had just appeared on national television saying that British law was weak. I found it to be an intentional, immediate and deliberate defiance of the order of criminal conduct.
“In dealing again with count four, the defendant abused two people on camera. I found that his behavior was again a deliberate defiance of the criminal conduct order.”
‘He crossed the order line’
Judge Bone found O’Garro not guilty of two further counts of the same charge and ruled that the videos in question may have already been shared before the criminal conduct order was passed.
However, he warned O’Garro: “The defendant should not take much comfort from that.
“What I have condemned him to transcends the threshold of custody. This is a man who has deliberately crossed the line of order.
“You need to understand the seriousness of your situation now. “You must understand that you deliberately disobeyed this court order within hours of its issuance.”
O’Garro will be sentenced on November 21 at Thames Magistrates’ Court.