WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

“They’ve lost all perspective”: Palace Insider blows Harry and Meghan up for “swipe” to Queen

The duke and duchess of Sussex were yesterday accused of “losing all sense of perspective” after an extraordinary online “swipe” to the queen and other royals.

Harry and Meghan announced on Friday evening that they will stop using their Sussex Royal brand when they step down as senior royals on March 31.

But hours after releasing a carefully worded statement through Buckingham Palace that confirmed the move, the couple posted an “update” of 1114 words on their personal website.

They claimed that the queen had no “jurisdiction” over the word “royal” abroad and said that the prince and the government would have been powerless to stop them if they had continued to use the word abroad.

The duke and duchess of Sussex (photo) were yesterday accused of 'losing all sense of perspective' after making an extraordinary online 'swipe' to the queen and other royals

The duke and duchess of Sussex (photo) were yesterday accused of ‘having lost all sense of perspective’ after an extraordinary online ‘swipe’ to the queen and other royals

The long statement contained what appears to be references to other royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and the Count and Countess of Wessex. There was also a thinly veiled attack on the British media, which they claimed were unfairly critical of their actions.

The statement claimed that they were treated differently from other members of the royal family and reminded readers that Harry remains sixth in line with the throne and an HRH by birth.

Last night it was clear that the palace was annoyed by the intervention, although not unnecessarily surprised. Others describe the couple’s words as not useful for their image and family relationships.

“Let’s hope they feel they have what they want out of their system,” someone said. Another royal insider – who is not part of the negotiations – told the Mail that the couple seemed to have “lost all sense of perspective.”

Last night it was clear that the palace was annoyed by the intervention, although not unnecessarily surprised. Pictured: the queen, 93, who arrived yesterday for a church service in Windsor

Last night it was clear that the palace was annoyed by the intervention, although not unnecessarily surprised. Pictured: the queen, 93, who arrived yesterday for a church service in Windsor

Last night it was clear that the palace was annoyed by the intervention, although not unnecessarily surprised. Pictured: the queen, 93, who arrived yesterday for a church service in Windsor

“It was their decision to do this and the family is clearly doing its best to facilitate it,” the source said. “But it inevitably requires sacrifices on both sides and the Sussex people must be a little more graceful in it.

“Snipping from the sidelines helps no one.”

The most annoying, it seems, were the not so subtle references to other royals, including William and Kate. However, civil servants did everything they could not be drawn into a word war with the couple ‘for the sake of everyone’.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman declined to comment, but emphasized that several statements had been issued since the couple decided to announce their departure last month. Some of those statements were unusual, they said, from the queen – in which she expressed her sadness that her grandson and his wife wanted to run away, but said she would support them.

The long statement contained what seems to be references to other royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie (photo) and the Count and Countess of Wessex

The long statement contained what seems to be references to other royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie (photo) and the Count and Countess of Wessex

The long statement contained what seems to be references to other royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie (photo) and the Count and Countess of Wessex

A spokesperson for the pair issued a statement on Friday at 7:07 pm on the use of royal titles, but a much longer version was shared online about three hours later.

The second statement made little attempt to hide their disappointment over the rejection of their initial plan to retain their royal titles while earning income abroad.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex preferred to continue to represent and support Her Majesty the Queen, although in a more limited capacity, without using the Sovereign Grant,” it said.

Harry and Meghan made it clear that they felt irritated that their efforts to trademark trademarks such as pens, clothing and “emotional support services” under the Sussex Royal logo were rejected.

It was concluded that it was both morally and legally untenable to market themselves as royals and at the same time pursue commercial interests. However, in the most provocative passage in their statement, they claimed that nothing prevented them from using the word “royal” abroad, but they simply chose not to do so.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex posted an extraordinary statement on their website and claimed that the Queen does not own the word royal all over the world after being forced to drop their “Sussex Royal” brand. Pictured: the duke and duchess arriving in Canada on Valentine’s Day

The statement said: “Although there is no jurisdiction of the Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word” Royal “abroad, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to say” Sussex Royal “or any repetition of the word use “Royal” on any territory (within the UK or otherwise) when the transition takes place in the spring of 2020. “

The couple believes that their attempts to trademark their brands are unfavorable compared to the treatment of William and Kate, who, according to them, have done the same for their own foundation.

“The trademark applications that were filed as protective measures, and that reflected the same standard trademark applications as made for The Royal Foundation or The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have been removed,” the statement said.

They also referred to Harry’s uncle, aunt and cousins ​​and said: “Although there is a precedent for other members of the royal family to look for work outside the institution, a period of 12 months has been revised for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex put in place. “

Observers regarded this as a reference to Beatrice and Eugenie, both HRHs, who have jobs outside the royal family, and occasionally perform charity assignments or accompany the queen.

The couple (photo) believes that their attempts to trademark their brands are unfavorable compared to the treatment of William and Kate, who, according to them, have done the same for their own charity

The couple (photo) believes that their attempts to trademark their brands are unfavorable compared to the treatment of William and Kate, who, according to them, have done the same for their own charity

The couple (photo) believes that their attempts to trademark their brands are unfavorable compared to the treatment of William and Kate, who, according to them, have done the same for their own charity

Princess Eugenie works as a director at an art gallery, while her older sister plays a role at the start of a technical company.

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie were also initially allowed to pursue their own career outside the royal family, with a film production company and a PR company respectively.

But both were haunted by claims in which they acted and took advantage of their royal status, and after a series of scandals were forced to give up their daily jobs and instead become full-time working royals, which they did successfully and without complaint.

On the weekend, Harry and Meghan were confronted with widespread criticism of their statement, with a royal expert calling the comments hateful.

Tom Bower, who wrote a biography of Prince Charles, added: “The comments crave hateful rage. I’m afraid it will get worse. “

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of the Majesty magazine, said: ‘It seems like a free and incomprehensible lash to the queen. It is a kind of saying: “By the way, we know that we can use royal if we want to.”

“The queen does everything to keep the peace, but the Sussex people believe that the royal family is against them. The more you read it, the meaner it seems. “

.

Comments
Loading...