Homeowners use $ 4 supermarket products instead of dishwasher tablets – and it saves you HUNDREDS of dollars on your dishes
- Homeowners hurry to get hold of Lectric Wash Soda for $ 4
- Many claim that it leaves your dishes whiter than ever when used in the dishwasher
- All you have to do is put a spoon of soda in the tablet section of the dishwasher
- Lectric Washing Soda has other uses, including laundry
Homeowners hurry to get hold of a $ 4 supermarket product and claim to leave their plates and glasses ‘whiter and sparkling’ than regular dishwashing tablets.
Lectric Soda already has cult status throughout Australia, thanks to the fact that it can clean up any surface, window, furniture or tile – and now it is touted as an incredible alternative to expensive tablets.
A woman posted on Facebook about the ‘miracle’ product, said it has made her dishes cleaner than ever.
Homeowners hurry to get a $ 4 product and claim to leave their plates and glasses ‘whiter and sparkling’ than regular dishwasher tablets (stock image)
Lectric Washing Soda (photo) already has a cult following throughout Australia, and now homeowners say it works wonders in the dishwasher
‘OMG, I never use anything else in my dishwasher or washing machine. I am addicted to Lectric Washing Soda, plates / glasses appear sparkling, whites are whiter, “the woman added.
Faye added that she simply placed a teaspoon of the Lectric Washing Soda in the compartment where she usually placed a washing tablet and then put her machine on a normal wash.
‘I am going there!’ Faye wrote. ‘It’s fantastic.’
People were quickly on board with the trick and said they couldn’t wait to try it themselves.
“I put a small tablespoon in my dishwasher and my dishes are much cleaner,” one person said.
Others said they have seen results even after washing once.
The $ 4 Lectric Washing Soda is available in both Coles and Woolworths supermarkets (stock image)
It is not only the dishwasher where you can use the $ 4 Lectric Wash Soda.
Faye also said that a teaspoon of the ‘miracle’ product can do wonders to whiten your laundry.
“The surface spray recipe is great too,” Faye said.
“I just tried to use it on a small piece of my oven door … GREAT work, it just immediately removed any dirt!”
Lectric Washing Soda conquered the internet for the first time last year, when a group of cleaning experts recommended it in their ‘miracle cleaning spray’ that can transform almost anything (photo)
The spray, which can easily be made at home, requires only five household ingredients
What do you need for the cleaning spray?
* 1.5 liters of water (one cup boiling)
* 300 ml of vinegar
* 60 ml of washing-up liquid
* 25 ml of eucalyptus oil
* 3 teaspoons of washing powder
Lectric Washing Soda first conquered the internet last year when a group of cleaning experts recommended it as part of their ‘miracle cleaning spray’ that can transform just about anything.
The spray can be made in the comfort of your own home and requires only five household ingredients.
Simply collect 1.5 liters of water (one cup must boil), 300 ml of vinegar, 60 ml of washing-up liquid, 25 ml of eucalyptus oil and three teaspoons of washing powder – also known as sodium carbonate.
BEFORE: The dirty stains in this sink were made with leftover paint
NA: With a few sprays of the ‘miracle’ product and a little elbow grease, the paint stains were removed and the sink was sparkling
One of the best known brands in Australia is Lectric, which is made from all-natural ingredients and is described on the brand’s website as “a great alternative to cleaning products with harsh chemicals.”
Once your ingredients are ready for use, simply mix the soda with about a cup of boiling water to dissolve.
Then add the remaining ingredients and pour it all into a two-liter bottle – preferably a bottle with a spray head that can be easily applied to different surfaces.
What are some applications for Lectric Wash Soda at home?
* Lacquer and vinyl frames become clearer after wiping with a normal solution of soda in warm water. You can prepare bare wood for painting with a regular solution.
* Make sure all dirt has been removed to prepare wood floors for varnishing or painting and then mop with a strong soda solution. Make a new solution if the solution looks dirty in the bucket to prevent the dirt from spreading again on the floor.
* A wipe with a normal solution will brighten blinds and help pick up dust.
* Wicker and wicker furniture comes clean after washing with a normal soda solution. Washing soda will also help to harden the cane and secure hanging seats.
* Brass and tin will be much easier to polish if they are first washed in a strong, hot solution of soda.
* Soda is ideal for removing wine stains. Pat the upholstery with a mild solution to remove stains or just to freshen up the fabric. Be careful not to scrub wool or other upholstery fabrics, as this can damage them.
* A very mild solution gives windows, mirrors and wall tiles a sparkle.
* Clean bins with a normal solution to keep them clean and odorless. You can even sprinkle some washing soda on your waste in the kitchen bowl if it smells a bit, but no time to take it out.
* To easily restore the luster to silverware and silver jewelry, make a solution from a cup of washing soda to 2 liters of hot water and soak it in a bowl of aluminum foil for 15 minutes. The attack simply melts away. Rinse and buff.
* Red wine and food stains can be treated with a strong solution of soda. Large spills can be treated by applying dry washing soda directly to the stain followed by rinsing in clean water. Also use washing soda for ink and grass stains.
* Washing fireplace smoke and soot, or removing smoke from the glass in wooden stove doors, is easy and safe with the help of Lectric washing soda. Use a normal solution to wash the surface, wear gloves; and then rinse.