WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

The Thai football fan is & # 39; electrocuted by his phone & # 39; while watching a match

Football fan is & # 39; electrocuted by his phone & # 39; while he saw a match on his handset in bed while the charger was connected

  • WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
  • Somchai Singkhorn (40) watched football on his handset in bed on Tuesday
  • The police in Samut Prakan, Thailand suspect that Somchai was subsequently electrocuted
  • Laotian roommate Saeng thought his friend was just sick when he first found him
  • Police said Somchai died differently after he found beer in his room

A chef who likes to stay up late to watch football on his phone is supposed to have died after being electrocuted by the handset.

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, was last seen on Tuesday night lying on his mattress with a can of beer, watching TV on his phone with his headphones connected.

But Somchai, who worked as a restaurant cook, was found dead the next morning in his room in Samut Prakan, Thailand, with burn marks on his arm and neck where they had touched the cable.

The telephone was connected to the mains and the earphones rested on Somchai & # 39; s arm, face and neck.

Somchai Singkhorn (photo), 40, was last seen on Tuesday night lying on his mattress with a can of beer watching TV on his phone with his headphones connected

Somchai Singkhorn (photo), 40, was last seen on Tuesday night lying on his mattress with a can of beer watching TV on his phone with his headphones connected

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, is depicted after the police discovered him dead in his room on Wednesday. Authorities suspect that his telephone cable electrocuted him Tuesday night due to the burns on his arm and neck where the cable was resting

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, is depicted after the police discovered him dead in his room on Wednesday. Authorities suspect that his telephone cable electrocuted him Tuesday night due to the burns on his arm and neck where the cable was resting

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, is depicted after the police discovered him dead in his room on Wednesday. Authorities suspect that his telephone cable electrocuted him Tuesday night due to the burns on his arm and neck where the cable was resting

Although the police suspect electrocution as the cause of death, officers said Somchai could have died in other ways. They noted that beer cans and soft drinks were found at the end of his bed (photo). They did not provide any more information about suspected causes

Although the police suspect electrocution as the cause of death, officers said Somchai could have died in other ways. They noted that beer cans and soft drinks were found at the end of his bed (photo). They did not provide any more information about suspected causes

Although the police suspect electrocution as the cause of death, officers said Somchai could have died in other ways. They noted that beer cans and soft drinks were found at the end of his bed (photo). They did not provide any more information about suspected causes

Surprised roommate Saeng, 28, from neighboring Laos, called his boss to report that his friend was sick. It was only later that he discovered that Somchai was actually dead.

Saeng said it was normal to see Somchai listen to music or watch football on his phone before he went to bed.

He said: & # 39; He always stays up late and concentrates on his phone before he sleeps. Last night when I last saw him alive, he did that, like other nights. He was watching football. & # 39;

The Laotian roommate said he was trying to wake him up & # 39; in the morning, but he didn't respond.

He called their boss Wiroj Poolsawatmongkol, 51, to help assess what had happened.

Saeng said: & I was going to wake him up, but he wasn't moving, so I was afraid he would get sick. I contacted our employer, but when he came to see, he told me that Somchai was dead. & # 39;

People can speak to the police at the Somchai's house yesterday

People can speak to the police at the Somchai's house yesterday

People can speak to the police at the Somchai's house yesterday

(Pictured: officers coming into Somchai's house) Somchai's roommate called their employer to find out what happened to the 40-year-old when he couldn't wake him up

(Pictured: officers coming into Somchai's house) Somchai's roommate called their employer to find out what happened to the 40-year-old when he couldn't wake him up

(Pictured: officers coming into Somchai's house) Somchai's roommate called their employer to find out what happened to the 40-year-old when he couldn't wake him up

The police arrived to investigate and they found cans of beer and Coca Cola at the feet of the deceased.

The body is taken for an autopsy where the cause of death is investigated.

Police Colonel Warawach Thammasarot said: “The deceased was laid on the mattress with his telephone and earphone (s) on him, but we also found beer and soft drinks near him.

& # 39; At the first checks, we suspected that he was electrocuted, but we must check everything and wait for his investigation results before confirming the exact cause of death. & # 39;

The body was sent to Siriraj Hospital for post-mortem examination before it was handed over to his family for burial.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t), Thailand