The security plans of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are ‘unworkable’, because the Met Police misses ‘seriously trained officers’ warns ex-officer if bills are proposed for £ 20 million per year
- Experts say the couple behaves like the “rules don’t apply to them”
- Questions have been raised about who will continue to pay their security bills
- Scotland Yard would face increasing pressure from the couple
The security situation of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is branded as “unworkable” because it has been found that the cost of the pair can rise to £ 20 million a year.
Experts claimed that the couple’s jet-set lifestyle might not allow the police to travel to different countries to establish their own brand outside the British monarchy.
Reportedly, a queue has come out about who will pay the bill to keep the couple and their son Archie safe while they continue to live in Canada.
The independent couple could raise costs to the limit while they continue to act, because “the rules do not apply to them.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were pictured earlier this month. It is said that the costs to keep the couple safe continue to rise
Harry, Meghan and their son Archie (above) have all been to different places in recent months that are said to have increased their security costs
Speak against The mirror, Dai Davies, former Met protection officer, said their situation has called for a “full rip of the rulebook.”
“The plans are unworkable in their current state.
“There is already a serious lack of trained officers and this only adds to the misery of the Met.”
Harry Meghan and their son Archie have been in different locations in recent months and it is thought that officers are drafting new plans to double their protection team.
The couple had previously also taken security measures in the building where they were staying in Canada (above)
The couple married in 2018 and earlier this year they announced that they would relinquish their royal duties
Harry and Meghan’s security bill can go up to £ 20 million a year, inciting anger and a fight over who will pay the bill.
Now an internal memo from The Mirror has revealed that there is a personnel crisis within the team supporting the Royals and that Scotland Yard is facing increasing demand from them.
It calculated that estimates from £ 3 million to £ 6 million a year were “insufficient” and that Harry and Meghan needed at least 12 protection officers, earning salaries of £ 106,000.
It is believed that the MET has been told to provide the calculations to the government and that the costs could be £ 20 million.
The couple still need effective security for their young family, and they had previously fueled anger after it was revealed that they insisted that the British taxpayer still have to spend on their security.
Security sources said last night that there is “no agreement or concrete plan” when it comes to who will actually finance their security team.
Labor MP Stephen Doughty said he supported the couple’s choice to start a more private life, but added that questions about costs should be addressed.
His remarks come when cuts have been made to local police forces up and down the country, making many villages and towns struggling to guard their respective areas.
It is estimated that the costs for their safety include a £ 5 million bill for officers stationed at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, while the couple lives in the UK.
They will officially leave the British monarchy on March 31.
The MET said they were unable to discuss protective security issues.