- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has already launched his bid for the White House
- The 51-year-old officially announced his retirement from professional wrestling in 2019.
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Wrestling legend Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has opened up about a possible run for president – but only once his young daughters grow up.
The wrestling great also revealed Friday that he is “locked in” to face Roman Reigns at this year’s WrestleMania and is “open” to a return in 2024.
Johnson, now 51, has already launched a bid for the White House, with his Young Rock TV shows centering on a 2032 presidential bid.
Speaking on The Pat McAfee Show This week, The Rock didn’t rule out a possible run for power in the future, saying, “We’ll see.”
“I don’t know if I’m the right guy or not,” he explained. “I have to tell you: I was really upset.
Wrestling legend Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has opened up about a possible run for president.
The wrestling great also revealed Friday that he is “open” to a return to the ring in 2024.
“It’s so humbling to hear people tell me what they’re telling me and these polls that come out – there was one last year and 40 to 43 percent of people said they would vote for me as president, which I appreciated – thank you very much!
“From (having) $7 (in my name) to having this kind of conversation, it’s truly amazing. Right now, I’m a proud daughter and father. I have a seven-year-old daughter (Jasmine), a five year old daughter (Tiana) and I love being home, taking them to school, picking them up, baking cookies and doing that.
“And I just know that if something like that – the presidency – happened, all of this would go away and I’ve been there before… in wrestling, I was gone all the time and I missed so many years with ( her eldest daughter, Simone, 22 years old) and it’s heartbreaking.
“I don’t want this to happen now with my daughters. Now my daughters will eventually grow up and get old and then maybe? We will see.’
The 51-year-old wrestling legend was speaking on the Pat McAfee Show on Friday.
“The Rock headlining WrestleMania with Roman Reigns…which was locked in,” he said
The Rock announced his retirement from professional wrestling in 2019, but on Friday the 51-year-old suggested he could be back in the ring next year.
He claimed a clash with Roman Reigns was “locked in” for April and that he was ready to face Reigns in Philadelphia.
“The Rock headlining WrestleMania with Roman Reigns at SoFi Stadium – it was locked in,” he said.
Earlier this week, WWE’s $21 billion merger with UFC was finally sealed, and Johnson explained: “We were very close, but we couldn’t figure out what it was. was, so we decided to put down our pencils and we agreed: “Hey, look, there’s a merger coming, there’s WrestleMania coming to Philly, it’s going to happen.” I say it’s also potential, I’m open.