WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

The restaurant empire of George Calombaris is in balance when the deadline for its sale is reached TODAY

The fate of George Calombaris’ restaurant empire can be decided TODAY, as potential buyers offer hope to 400 employees whose jobs are at stake

  • Lot of 12 restaurants closed due to collapse of the Calombaris empire still unclear
  • An estimated 400 employees are still waiting to find out if they have jobs to return to
  • The rental price starts from this week at the affected locations of MasterChef star
  • Conversations with buyers for the interior design and the current lease contracts
  • Chef behind one of his company’s eateries said he was “angry” about the situation

The fate of 12 restaurants, closed by the collapse of George Calombaris’ restaurant empire, is at stake when managers are desperately trying to find buyers.

Approximately 400 employees remained waiting to find out if they would have a job to return to after the famous chef’s MADE establishment went into voluntary administration last Monday.

The hurry to find buyers comes when the rent this week begins to be attributed to Calombaris companies, with the 41-year-old financial woes in the wake of the $ 7.8 million wage underpinning last year.

Scroll down for video

The restaurant empire of George Calombaris (pictured with his wife Natalie) is in balance while managers desperately try to find buyers for the affected businesses

The restaurant empire of George Calombaris (pictured with his wife Natalie) is in balance while managers desperately try to find buyers for the affected businesses

The upholstered restaurant Hellenic Republic in Brunswick in the inner north of Melbourne is depicted. Discussions are already underway with buyers about the layout of the restaurants and their leases

The upholstered restaurant Hellenic Republic in Brunswick in the inner north of Melbourne is depicted. Discussions are already underway with buyers about the layout of the restaurants and their leases

The upholstered restaurant Hellenic Republic in Brunswick in the inner north of Melbourne is depicted. Discussions are already underway with buyers about the layout of the restaurants and their leases

Allegedly talks with restaurant buyers are already underway and announcements can be announced from Monday.

There has also been 50 interest in the 12 companies in the restaurant chain, The Australian reported.

It comes as the chef behind Crofter Dining Room in Brunswick in the inner north of Matt Matt Wilkinson shared his anger at the closure of the restaurant on Sunday morning.

“Thanks to my employees, to the farmers, producers and suppliers, thanks to the many reviewers and especially to the customers who have made it such a great place in such a short time,” Wilkinson said.

He said in an Instagram post that he hoped to reopen the location in the near future, while personally thanking Calombaris in addition to the hashtag “not his fault.”

The closed Jimmy Grants chain in the CBD of Melbourne is depicted in the aftermath of the demise of the restaurant empire of Calombaris

The closed Jimmy Grants chain in the CBD of Melbourne is depicted in the aftermath of the demise of the restaurant empire of Calombaris

The closed Jimmy Grants chain in the CBD of Melbourne is depicted in the aftermath of the demise of the restaurant empire of Calombaris

“I am angry and sad about this whole scenario. Angry that I can’t see my wolf suit after 40 days of work, can’t make it work. “

It follows the Victorian government making a claim about the private property of George Calombaris in a stunning revelation after the death of his empire.

Calombaris’ financial distress flooded into his personal belongings amid revelations Victoria’s Commissioner of State Revenue made a claim against him in January for unpaid land tax on a vacation home in Safety Beach on the Mornington Peninsula.

The claim comes just three weeks after the property, which is owned by Trical Beach Pty Ltd, directed by chef Natalie Tricarico’s wife, was sold for around $ 1 million.

Calombaris has also advertised that his five-bedroom Toorak house is for sale, with both properties being mortgaged with ANZ.

The only part of Made Establishment that is excluded from administration is a chain of four Yo-Chi outlets.

The former host of MasterChef said on February 10 that he had been “destroyed” by the decision.

The former MasterChef host said on February 10 that he had been “destroyed” by the decision in an Instagram post last week

Calombaris was a judge and host in the popular Network Ten show MasterChef from 2009 to 2019. Pictured with co-hosts Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston

Calombaris was a judge and host in the popular Network Ten show MasterChef from 2009 to 2019. Pictured with co-hosts Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston

Calombaris was a judge and host in the popular Network Ten show MasterChef from 2009 to 2019. Pictured with co-hosts Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston

“It is with deep sadness and regret that MAdE Establishment has been placed on a voluntary board today,” he wrote on social media.

“To my entire team, I really regret that it has come to that. Personally, the last few months have been the most challenging I have ever experienced.

‘At the moment, while I’m personally broken, I remain grateful to my family, friends, the MAdE team and our loyal and regular customers.

“I am so sorry that all our collective efforts have not been sufficient. I am moved that it has come to that. “

Timeline of the misery of Calombaris

MAY 15, 2014 – The Ministry of Health is investigating after diners who ate in the Hellenic Republic in Kew became ill. It was later confirmed that the norovirus affected around 100 people

APRIL, 2017 – It was announced that approximately $ 2.6 million in arrears was paid to 162 employees employed by Made Establishment due to pay discrepancies that went back to 2011.

10 MAY 2017 – Calombaris is accused of mistreatment over a 19-year-old fight in a grand A-League final between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory in Sydney a few days earlier

MAY 16, 2017 – Melbourne man David Peter Schreuder sues the restaurant Hellenic Republic and Made Establishment for the outbreak of norovirus encephalitis

AUGUST 17, 2017 – The chief pleads guilty of the attack on the A-League incident

SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 – He delivers his Melbourne Victory No. 1-ticket because of the attack

20 OCTOBER 2017 – Calombaris is fined $ 1000 for the A-League attack

FEBRUARY 1, 2018 – His attack conviction is overturned on appeal after a district law judge agreed with Calombaris’ lawyer that he had suffered significant financial and personal loss and probably would not insult again

JULY 18, 2019 – The Fair Work Ombudsman fined MasterChef Australia’s judge and his Made Establishment company $ 200,000 for insufficient staff in his restaurants with nearly $ 8 million

JULY 22, 2019 – The West Australian government suspends its tourism campaign with Calombaris on the Fair Work Obudsman fine

JULY 23, 2019 – Calombaris and fellow judges Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan leave MasterChef after contract negotiations fail

FEBRUARY 10, 2020 – Made falls into voluntary administration

.