The Pentagon’s diversity head is being ‘relocated’ after comparing Donald Trump to Hitler on Facebook

0

The Pentagon’s diversity head is being ‘relocated’ after comparing Donald Trump to Hitler on Facebook

  • Pentagon’s choice of head of diversity and inclusion has been ‘reassigned’ as DoD examines whether it is appropriate for him to remain in the role
  • Richard Torres-Estrada previously shared messages on social media that were anti-former President Donald Trump
  • The biggest offender is a post comparing Trump to Adolf Hitler during last summer’s infamous Bible photo op.
  • Fox News Channel and later Pentagon spokesman John Kirby confirmed Torres-Estrada had been ‘transferred’ pending investigation

The Pentagon’s choice of head of diversity and inclusion, Richard Torres-Estrada, has been ‘reassigned’ after sharing social media posts comparing former President Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler.

The Ministry of Defense is investigating whether it is appropriate for him to remain in the position.

On June 2, Torres-Estrada had posted a side-by-side photo of Hitler holding up a Bible and Trump holding up a Bible in front of St. John’s Church, after his infamous walk across Lafayette Square – when Black Lives Matter protesters were cleared away just before with tear gas and rubber balls.

The Pentagon's choice of head of diversity and inclusion, Richard Torres-Estrada, is being scrutinized for troubled social media posts like this one comparing Adolf Hitler to former President Donald Trump

The Pentagon’s choice of head of diversity and inclusion, Richard Torres-Estrada, is being scrutinized for troubled social media posts like this one comparing Adolf Hitler to former President Donald Trump

Richard Torres-Estrada, believed to be the head of diversity and inclusion, has been 'reassigned' until an investigation is completed

Richard Torres-Estrada, believed to be the head of diversity and inclusion, has been 'reassigned' until an investigation is completed

Richard Torres-Estrada, believed to be the head of diversity and inclusion, has been ‘reassigned’ until an investigation is completed

Fox News Channel reported on the relocation of Torres-Estrada, with a spokesperson telling the network that he would be assigned other duties ‘pending the results of the investigation’.

“The commander has launched an investigation to investigate the facts surrounding the selection of Mr. Torres-Estrada,” Ken McGraw, a spokesman for the US Special Operations Command, told Fox. “It would be inappropriate to comment on details until the evaluation is complete.”

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby also confirmed the investigation during Monday’s press conference.

Kirby said SOCOM Chief General Richard Clarke is investigating the matter and has the support of Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin.

“Clearly, we take the need to promote diversity and inclusion seriously here in the department,” Kirby told reporters. ‘The secretary has often spoken to that. And we want to make sure that work is transparent, credible, effective and of course professional. ‘

Kirby declined to provide additional details about the ongoing investigation.

“We want everyone to take those duties and responsibilities seriously and professionally, but I’m not going to prejudge the Special Operations Command’s investigation,” he said.

Trump’s photo shoot on June 1 in front of St. John’s Church was highly controversial because of both the treatment of protesters, who acted nonviolently at the time, and because of the appearance of military copper at his side.

General Mark Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, later apologized for the walk with the now ex-president.

“I shouldn’t have been there,” he said in mid-June. “My presence at that time and in that environment created an image of the military involved in domestic politics.”

SOCOM announced Torres-Estrada on Thursday as the choice of diversity chef.

On Friday, Fox News Channel pundit Tucker Carlson shared Torres-Estrada’s posts about his show, blow up the army for ‘wake up’.

Advertisement