The mother shares grim warning about her headbands after the 14-week-old baby was choked when she wore one

Mother warns parents not to put popular big bow headbands on babies & # 39; s after her boyfriend's 14-week-old friend was tragically stitched

  • Leanne, from Glasgow, revealed the devastating story of her friend as a warning
  • Said the mother had left her 14-week-old girl asleep for half an hour
  • When she returned from a shower, she tragically discovered that the baby was suffocated

A woman has shared a shocking warning about the dangers of dressing up young babies with headbands.

In a post that has since been deleted, Leanne from Glasgow went to Facebook to share her friend's devastating story.

She revealed that the mother had left her 14-week-old daughter in her carrycot that was wearing a headband.

When she returned half an hour later after showering, she discovered that the little girl had died of suffocation.

Leanne, from Glasgow, went to Facebook to give a shocking warning about the dangers of dressing up young babies with hair bands - after her friend's 14-week-old baby died. Used stock image

Leanne, from Glasgow, went to Facebook to give a shocking warning about the dangers of dressing up young babies with hair bands – after her friend's 14-week-old baby died. Used stock image

Leanne wrote on Facebook: & # 39; All mothers should note that this warning applies to all mothers who have small babies and use the large headbands.

& # 39; My girlfriend unfortunately just lost her 14 week old daughter while she thought she was sleeping in her carrycot after a long walk.

& # 39; When she came to check on her, she had the headband bowed over her little nose and mouth and didn't move … she died.

Leanne wrote on Facebook: & # 39; All mothers should note that this warning applies to all mothers who have small babies and use the large headbands & # 39;

Leanne wrote on Facebook: & # 39; All mothers should note that this warning applies to all mothers who have small babies and use the large headbands & # 39;

Leanne wrote on Facebook: & # 39; All mothers should note that this warning applies to all mothers who have small babies and use the large headbands & # 39;

& # 39; Post mortem revealed death due to suffocation suffocation. She wanted me to share with other new mothers the danger that some of these baby fashion accessories might have. & # 39;

HOW PARENTS CAN REDUCE THE RISK OF BABY & # 39; S COMING ON NAPPY & # 39; S

Sheila Merrill, public health advisor at the Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents, recommends parents and caregivers to minimize the risk of suffocation by:

  • Keeping diaper bags and all plastic packaging from young children
  • Never store diaper bags near a cot or pram
  • Be aware that diaper bags can easily be moved due to drafts
  • Buy diaper bags on a roll, if possible

She continued: & # 39; She had only allowed Baby Holly to sleep for 30 minutes while she showered and changed and forgot to remove her headband and is totally broken. & # 39;

The post quickly gained nearly 90,000 shares and 10,000 responses from shocked parents.

One wrote: & # 39; Thank you for sharing and making other moms informed. These should be banned along with silly beaded dummy clips. As cute as they are, danger to the heath. All thoughts and prayers are sent to Holly and her mother. RIP Angel xxxx & # 39 ;.

Sheila Merrill, RoSPA & # 39; s Public Health Advisor Manchester Evening News: & # 39; Children can easily swallow, inhale, or choke objects that are still within their reach because they naturally pack everything and put it in their mouths. Once in their mouth they find it difficult to remove the item.

& # 39; Parents can prevent the risk of suffocation and suffocation by keeping small items or items out of the reach of children under the age of three. & # 39;

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail