The most popular Christmas toy of 2019: from & # 39; must-have & # 39; Owleez to new age board games – these are the best purchases that are off the shelf this year
- eBay Australia has revealed the best-selling toys and trends for Christmas
- The $ 61 Owleez, & # 39; the world's first interactive pet, is the number one toy for 2019
- Board games, books and toys based on science and technology are also popular
The most popular toy trends for Christmas 2019 have been revealed and it is all about interactive games that teach children patience, creativity and responsibility.
New eBay Australia research ranks the & # 39;Owleez& # 39; – & # 39; the world's first interactive pet that you can learn to fly – as the main toy for the holidays, closely followed by & # 39;Rizmo& # 39 ;, a toy that changes from a ball into a fluffy monster while you cherish it.
Other toys that will fly off the shelves this year is $ 139 robot that comes from an egg, $ 59 & # 39; smart & # 39; Monopoly board and a $ 50 dart gun inspired from the world famous online video game Fortnite.
Traditional toys such as books and board games, interactive games that require patience and activities based on science, technology, engineering and math as the biggest overall trends for the Down Under party season.
Toys that encourage and nurture patience are Australia's most popular games this year, such as & # 39; the world's first interactive pet, the Owleez (left) and Hatchimals, robot dolls hatching from an egg (right)
Modern turns on classic board games such as this interactive, electronic Monopoly board are also big sellers Down Under
The top three toy trends in Australia for 2019
1. Classic comeback – including manual construction toys, books and traditional board games
2. Interactive – toys that require care and patience
3. STEM toys – activities based on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
Source: eBay Australia
Traditional construction toys that encourage hands-on play and creativity are hugely popular this year, with LEGO games such as the $ 284.99 Star Wars Boost Droid Commander, a must-have for under the tree.
Modern twists on classic board games are also big sellers, with $ 58.75 Monopoly Voice Banking, $ 29.99 Pictionary Air and $ 38 plumbing pants expected to become new family favorites.
Toys based on science and technology show a similar increase in sales, with the $ 99 Artie 3000 – a robot that teaches children how to code – a huge hit.
EBay Australia spokesperson Sophie Onikul said there is a clear incentive to reduce the amount of time children spend watching phones, iPads, and television.
The top 10 toys for small children
1. The Owleez ($ 61.25)
2. Hatchimals WOW ($ 139)
3. Candylocks Basic Doll ($ 17)
4. The Lion King Mighty Roar Simba FurReal ($ 157)
5. ZURU Pets Alive Boppi The Booty Shakin & Llama ($ 30)
6. Easy Steer Sportster ($ 199)
7. Plumbing Board Game ($ 38)
8. LEGO Duplo frozen ice castle ($ 74)
9. Rizmo ($ 85)
10. Disney Frozen 2 singing Elsa doll ($ 43.75)
The top 10 toys for older children
1. Razor A5 DLX scooter ($ 188)
2. NERF Fortnite TS Blaster ($ 50)
3. Pictionary Air ($ 29.99)
4. Artie 3000 The Coding Robot ($ 99)
5. LEGO Star Wars Boost Droid Commander ($ 284.99)
6. Nintendo Switch Lite ($ 292.94)
7. Monopoly Voice Banking ($ 58.75)
8. The 117-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths ($ 10.50)
9. LEGO Hidden Side Newbury Haunted High School ($ 34.95)
10. Build a Bot zebra ($ 39)
Toys based on science and technology show a sharp increase in sales, such as the $ 99 Artie 3000 – a robot that teaches children how to code (photo)
Other big hits include a $ 50 dart gun inspired by the world-famous online video game Fortnite (left) and a $ 199 & # 39; easy-send & # 39; car for young children (right)
& # 39; We see three major trends emerging – driven by children who leave screens & # 39 ;, she said in a statement today.
& # 39; The classics that we all remember from childhood, such as books and board games, are enjoying a revival, while we have seen a huge shift toward the development of soft skills with smarter interactive toys that require nurturing and patience to the fun to unlock. & # 39;
& # 39; We also see a focus on toys of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) femail (t) eBay (t) Christmas