Missing Lego piece falls out of a seven-year-old boy’s nose TWO YEARS after pushing it up his nostril
- Sameer from New Zealand put the small piece of plastic in his nose in 2018
- His parents took the boy to a doctor who could not find the Lego part at the time
- The missing piece unexpectedly fell from Sameer’s nostril two years later
- It reappeared when the young child took a large pinch of cupcakes and felt pain
On a boy in New Zealand, a piece of Lego fell out of his nose two years after pushing it up his nostril.
Seven-year-old Sameer Anwar, from Dunedin, New Zealand, was taken by his parents to a local family doctor after sticking the small toy in his nose in 2018.
The doctors couldn’t find it. But the Lego piece unexpectedly fell out of Sameer’s nostril after the child sniffed a plate of cupcakes over the weekend.
Although doctors could not have found it at the time, the Lego piece (pictured) unexpectedly fell out of Sameer’s nostril when the child snorted deeply on cupcakes.
The young boy was taken to the doctors by his concerned parents, who learned that their son had lost a piece of Lego, part of a Lego character’s arm, in his nose.
“One day he told us he slipped a little piece of Lego in there and then we tried our best to get it out, but nothing came out,” said Mudassir Anwar, Sameer’s father. The New Zealand Herald.
After a thorough examination, the local GP did not find the tiny piece of black plastic in the young patient’s nose.
The doctor told the parents that the piece may never have been in Sameer’s nostril or it may have passed through his digestive system naturally.
Seven-year-old Sameer Anwar (pictured), from Dunedin in southern New Zealand, was taken to a local GP by his parents after sticking the small toy in his nose in 2018.
The parents soon forgot about the missing Lego piece after Sameer showed no signs of pain or fear.
“He’s never complained or anything since then,” Mr. Anwar said. He told it too The Guardian that his son was ‘quite playful and a mischievous character’.
Then, on Sunday night, the young boy, excited by a plate of pink cupcakes he was eating, took a large pinch of the sweet treats and suddenly felt a pain in his nose.
Thinking he’d sniffed some cake crumbs, Sameer’s mother helped her son blow his nose to clear his nostrils.
To their surprise, the missing piece of black Lego, covered in mold, came out of the child’s nose.
Sameer, who is still a fan of the colorful plastic bricks, was thrilled to discover the Lego piece and said to his parents, ‘Mom, I found the Lego! You told me it wasn’t there, but it was! ‘
Apparently it wasn’t the first time Sameer has stuck something up his nose.
His father said the boy pushed an imitation pearl up his nostril when he was three years old. But Mr. Anwar was able to retrieve it later.
A photo shows the returned piece of Lego wrapped in a tissue paper while the family is still deciding what to do with it.
Mr. Anwar had joked to his wife “that we should donate it to a museum.”