A 30-year-old man admiring his childhood friend's gun accidentally shoots him in the head and kills him for their other friends during a night of drinking
- Christopher Lemley, 30, from New Orleans accidentally shot his childhood friend in the head while admiring their gun just after midnight on September 14
- Lemley admitted to the police that he had drunk earlier in the night and took Percocet pill but could not remember how the gun shot
- Lemley was arrested on 24 September for negligent murder after the authorities had received an order four days earlier
- The victim died of his injuries on September 19 while receiving medical care at the New Orleans University Medical Center
- Lemley received a bail of $ 15,000 and for which he placed a bond for his release
Christopher Lemley (photo), 30, accidentally shot his childhood friend in the head while admiring their gun on September 14
A Louisiana man was arrested after admiring the gun of a childhood friend, then accidentally shot him in the head and killed him.
Christopher Lemley, 30, from New Orleans was arrested Tuesday by the New Orleans Police Department for negligent murder.
The fatal incident happened just after midnight on September 14 in the 200 block of Norland Avenue near Algiers, according to NOLA.com.
Earlier that night, Lemley had been drinking alcohol and taking a Percocet pill for which he has no prescription.
While with a group of friends in his house, Lemley allegedly asked to hold the gun of a visitor that was loaded.
Testimonials say that Lemley pulled the gun's slide back and at the same time pulled the trigger while looking at the weapon.
The incident occurred just after midnight on September 14 in the 200 block of Norland Avenue in the Algiers district (photo)
A friend tried to warn Lemley that he had loaded a bullet into the gun chamber when he pulled the gun slider back, but the gun had already fired.
A lost bullet hit his friend in the head. Shortly thereafter, he was taken to the New Orleans University Medical Center for treatment by paramedics. Authorities have not released his identity.
The man died on September 19 and the authorities prepared an arrest warrant for Lemley on September 20.
He was taken into custody on 24 September.
The unknown victim was taken to New Orleans University Medical Center for treatment (photo), but succumbed to his injuries on September 19
NOLA.com reports that Lemley has waived his right to remain silent and told officers details about the shooting.
He admits that he has drunk and taken Percocet, but cannot remember how the gun shot at all.
Townsend Myers, Lemley's attorney, told NOLA.com that the shooting & # 39; a tragic accident & # 39; and that Lemley was childhood friends with the victim.
He said: & # 39; They have been friends since they were children. & # 39;
& # 39; My client is absolutely desperate. & # 39;
Lemley received a bail of $ 15,000 and placed a bond for his release.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news