Half-naked man escapes from the apartment of the apartment by clinging to a narrow ledge while flames wave out of his window on the third floor in Rome
- The man escaped from his kitchen after a short-circuit fire
- He remained topless on the ledge for half an hour awaiting his rescue
- Fire and smoke ran out of the apartment while he was lying dangerously beside it
- He was rescued by a fireman in a crane that brought him to safety
This is the dramatic moment that a man was rescued from a narrow ledge outside his apartment after being stranded for half an hour trying to escape from an apartment fire.
The images show the man half naked on the 30 cm ledge in Rome while flames and smoke flow out of the window.
It is believed that the fire started after a short circuit in his kitchen, according to reports in the local media.
A man dangerously descends on a narrow ledge on the third floor outside his apartment in Rome while the flames flow out of the window
Unable to escape through the apartment building, the resident decides that the only way to safety is to sit on a dangerous ledge for half an hour.
Because the heat of the fire makes him uncomfortable, he removes his T-shirt.
After being patient for 30 minutes, the fire brigade arrives and a hose starts spraying into the kitchen from the ground.
It is believed that the fire started after a short circuit in his kitchen and he escaped to the ledge where he stayed for half an hour
A member of the fire brigade yells at the half-naked man from a nearby balcony as they prepare his rescue
A jet of water tries to control the fire while the fire department directs its hose at the fire from the ground while the man looks
A crane with a fireman then ascends to the man on the ledge, who brings him safely into the carriage and descends to the ground.
The video, filmed in the Appio Latino district of Rome in the southeast of the city, was captured by Australian tourists on the other side of the road.
They said: & # 39; We had dinner after we & # 39; had been part of the papal audience in the morning and visited sites in Rome in the afternoon when we saw the fire in the other building. & # 39;
& # 39; Everyone was in shock. & # 39;
The fire department finally brought the fire under control and nobody was injured, according to local reports.
A fireman on a crane rescues the stranded man and lifts him off the edge before he brings him to the ground
No one was injured by the fire that was finally brought under control
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail