The Florida woman dies after being infected by carnivorous bacteria that she got when she was cut on the beach

The Florida woman dies after being infected by carnivorous bacteria that she contracted when she cut her leg on the beach

  • Lynn Fleming from Ellenton, Florida died on Thursday after being in a coma
  • She cut her leg while walking along the beach at Coquina two weeks ago
  • Although they received photos and antibiotics, the bleeding persisted
  • She was rushed to the hospital after being found unconscious in her house
  • Doctors revealed that they had necrotizing fasciitis, a carnivorous bacterium
  • They performed operations to save her leg, but she had two strokes and sepsis
  • After she got into a coma, she finally died
Advertisements

A beach woman from Florida died days ago after she had contracted a carnivorous bacterium through a cut in her leg.

Lynn Fleming from Ellenton, Florida spent two weeks ago with her son and his wife on Coquina Beach, which is near Tampa and along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.

As she walked along the beach, she got into a little depression that she couldn't see because he was under water.

Fleming suffered what seemed to be an innocent cut in her leg.

Advertisements

Lynn Fleming from Ellenton, Florida was with her son and his wife two weeks ago at Coquina Beach, near Tampa and along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico

As she walked along the beach, she got into a little depression that she couldn't see because he was under water

As she walked along the beach, she got into a little depression that she couldn't see because he was under water

Lynn Fleming from Ellenton, Florida spent two weeks ago with her son and his wife on Coquina Beach, which is near Tampa and along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. As she walked along the beach, she got into a little depression that she couldn't see because he was under water

This excerpt shows the Fleming cut, which measured three quarters of an inch. She fell into a little depression along the beach, which she didn't see because it was under water

This excerpt shows the Fleming cut, which measured three quarters of an inch. She fell into a little depression along the beach, which she didn't see because it was under water

This excerpt shows the Fleming cut, which measured three quarters of an inch. She fell into a little depression along the beach, which she didn't see because it was under water

The image above shows how the bacteria destroyed the lower half of her leg

The image above shows how the bacteria destroyed the lower half of her leg

The image above shows how the bacteria destroyed the lower half of her leg

Advertisements

& # 39; She fell in, came out with a three centimeter cut, a bump on her leg, & # 39; told her son Wade. WTVT TV.

& # 39; It was just a small cut, I didn't think much about it.

& # 39; We got the swelling, but it just kept bleeding. & # 39;

Two days later, Fleming visited the doctor, who gave her a tetanus injection and prescribed her antibiotics.

The next day, Fleming was found unconscious in her house. She was then quickly taken to the hospital.

Advertisements

Doctors told her family that she had developed necrotizing fasciitis, a rare but deadly bacterium.

In an attempt to save her infected life, doctors performed surgery. During the operations, however, she had two strokes and sepsis.

Fleming died on Thursday.

& # 39; This is the place she loved & # 39 ;, said her daughter-in-law Traci.

& # 39; She couldn't wait to go here and retire. She loved the ocean; she loved walking on the beach.

Advertisements

& # 39; Unfortunately, it is the place that cost her life in an accident. & # 39;

Necrotizing fasciitis is a carnivorous infection that can destroy muscles, skin and tissue.

It is usually managed by surgery, antibiotics, and aggressive supportive care.

Different bacteria can cause necrotizing fasciitis.

Necrotizing fasciitis can be caused by group A streptococci or staphylococci, common bacteria that live on people's skin and in their nose, medical officials said.

NECROTIZING FASCIITIS: THE CONSCIOUS MEAT-BACTERIA

Advertisements

Necrotizing fasciitis, known as & # 39; carnivorous disease & # 39 ;, is a rare but extremely vicious bacterial infection. & # 39; Necrotize & # 39; refers to something that causes body tissue to die and the infection can destroy skin, muscles and fat.

The disease develops when the bacteria penetrates the body, often through a small cut or scrap. As the bacteria multiply, they release toxins that kill tissue and cut off blood flow to the area.

Because it is so virulent, the bacteria spread throughout the body quickly.

Symptoms include small, red lumps or bumps on the skin, fast-growing bruises, sweating, chills, fever, and nausea. Organ donation and shock are also common complications.

Sufferers must be treated immediately to prevent death and usually receive powerful antibiotics and surgery to remove dead tissue. Amputation may become necessary if the disease spreads through an arm or leg.

Patients may undergo skin transplants after the infection has disappeared, to aid the healing process or for aesthetic reasons.

500 to 1500 cases are reported per year, but 20 to 25 percent of the victims die.

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail

- Advertisement -