The father's Samsung phone burst into flames and incinerates his parked car

Darwin's father Matthew Mansfield returned to his rental car parked (pictured) to discover that he had been set on fire and completely burned.

A fire that destroyed the interior of a rental car that suddenly burst into flames could have been caused by a mobile phone that was left in the passenger seat.

Darwin's father, Matthew Mansfield, returned to his parked rental car to discover that he had been set on fire and completely burned.

The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime mobile phone from Mansfield was in the passenger seat at the time of the incident and it is believed that it may have ignited the fire.

Scroll down to watch the video

Darwin's father Matthew Mansfield returned to his rental car parked (pictured) to discover that he had been set on fire and completely burned.

Darwin's father Matthew Mansfield returned to his rental car parked (pictured) to discover that he had been set on fire and completely burned.

It was a hot day in the Northern Territory, but Mansfield told Nine News that he parked the car in the shade and that his mobile phone was partially under a book.

Mansfield bought the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime at a store in Tasmania two years ago, but he is not the only person who has had a burning problem with a Samsung phone.

In 2016, the phone maker was put in the spotlight after several reports that the Galaxy Note 7 model exploded and burst into flames weeks after its launch.

After almost 100 reported incidents of overheating of the device and, sometimes, of injured people, the Galaxy Note 7 was suspended from all air flights and was finally withdrawn from the market, costing Samsung billions of dollars.

Another incident in 2017, which allegedly exploded a Samsung Galaxy S4 in the lap of a schoolgirl, ended with the 15-year-old who suffered second-degree burns around the thighs, The Herald Sun reported.

Despite several reports about the explosion of other Samsung phones, the Galaxy Core Prime has never been removed.

The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone of Mr. Mansfield (pictured) was in the passenger seat at the time of the incident and is believed to have ignited the fire.

The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone of Mr. Mansfield (pictured) was in the passenger seat at the time of the incident and is believed to have ignited the fire.

The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone of Mr. Mansfield (pictured) was in the passenger seat at the time of the incident and is believed to have ignited the fire.

Samsung told Daily Mail Australia that it was "very unlikely" that the Galaxy Core Prime was the cause of the car's fire, and that they believed the phone was "safe", despite burned car and phone photos.

Mansfield contacted Samsung about the incident and offered to replace his phone, but he refused and said it is too risky.

"It could have happened if I was in a servo and had my daughter and children there," Mansfield said.

"What happens if I go in to pay for gasoline? What will happen if it exploded there?"

Samsung told Daily Mail Australia that the company was & # 39; anxious & # 39; to inspect the device and conduct a full investigation.

"Product quality and customer safety are our top priorities at Samsung and we are relieved to know that the customer was not hurt," the company said.

.