Is this the easiest meal prep idea ever? Nutritionist shares her recipe for ‘five-minute burrito bowls’
- A nutritionist shared her simple recipe for healthy five-minute burrito bowls
- Ange, from The Healthy Diary, was tired of her meal prep taking up her entire day
- She made her healthy burrito bowl as a great way to get you ready for the week
- Hundreds of people who saw the recipe said they would bookmark it and save it for later
A nutritionist shared her easy recipe for burrito bowls, and she said it only takes five minutes to prepare her healthy meal at home.
Ange, from The healthy diary in Melbourne, tired of feeling like her meal prep was taking up her entire day and feeling exhausted by the idea of batch cooking.
She created her own healthy burrito bowl idea that is as easy as it is delicious to prepare for a busy work week.
Scroll down for video
A nutritionist shared her easy recipe for burrito bowls, and she said it only takes five minutes to prepare her healthy meal (the bowls in the picture)
Ange, of The Healthy Diary in Melbourne, was tired of feeling like her meal prep was taking up her entire day and was exhausted by the idea of batch cooking (pictured after preparation)
‘Eating healthy shouldn’t add extra stress to your day,’ Ange posted on Instagram.
“I love making healthy and delicious meals that are quick and easy for people.”
The nutritionist added, “Try this five-minute burrito bowl for your next cook and take the rest of the day to yourself and to focus on what you love to do.”
The meal is vegetarian, budget-friendly and contains 22 grams of protein and only 370 calories per serving.
“Eating healthy shouldn’t put an extra strain on your day,” Ange said. ‘I love making healthy and delicious meals that are quick and easy for people’ (the bowls in the photo are made)
How to make a healthy burrito bowl
The nutritionist shared her simple recipe (photo) on Instagram
1/3 package (85 g) precooked rice
1/3 can Mexican bean mix, rinsed and drained
2 handfuls of lettuce, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes
1 small can (75 g) corn kernels, rinsed and drained
30 g low-fat, tasty cheese
For the sauce
2 tbsp taco sauce. I used
1 tbsp (20 g) light sour cream
Garlic powder to taste
1. Add the rice and beans to a bowl and mash until combined. Place the mixture in a portion of your divided meal prep containers.
2. Cut the lettuce and add it to one of the other sections.
3. Put the corn kernels in the third part and place the tomatoes on the lettuce. Sprinkle the cheese over it.
4. Next, make your sauce by combining the taco sauce, light sour cream, and garlic powder in a bowl. Divide the sauce into smaller bowls to match your lunch and keep lunch fresh.
5. You can place a sheet of paper on top of the burrito bowls to keep them fresh and draw out moisture.
6. Add the lids and serve.
Source: The healthy diary
To make the sauce, Ange said combine taco sauce, light sour cream, and garlic powder in a bowl (pictured)
To make the burrito bowls, Ange said you’ll need parboiled rice, Mexican bean mix, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn kernels, tasty cheese, and then ingredients for the sauce, including taco sauce, light sour cream, and garlic powder.
Then add the rice to a bowl along with the beans and mash together, dividing the different ingredients into sections and finish with the sauce.
“This meal is full, filling and nourishing,” Ange said.
‘Moreover, it is super easy to adapt to the wishes of the family.’
You can put a sheet of paper on top of the burrito bowls to keep them fresh longer before adding the lid (pictured)
Hundreds who saw the recipe were impressed and said they will definitely try her bowls.
“Yum burrito bowls are my favorite for lunch,” one person commented.
Another added: ‘Omg, that’s so easy and fast, I love it. I work five days a week and my lunches and snacks are always on the go, as a district nurse, so I think that’s a great idea’.