Stop washing dishes and don't walk the shortest cycle: the common mistakes people make with their dishwashers revealed
- If you have a dishwasher, you must ensure that it functions as well as possible
- Although most are easy to use, more understanding than the basics can help
- Experts say there are several things you can do to solve problems
- They also reveal some simple ways to ensure that the machine continues to work properly
A dishwasher is probably one of the hardest working devices in the house.
Which may mean that if something goes wrong, or if your machine is not working so effectively, it can be costly to call a technician to arrange it.
To solve minor problems, Australian experts have revealed some of the most common mistakes people make – and offered simple solutions.
If your dishwasher is not working as well as you would like, there are several things you can do to solve the problem (stock image)
1. Oily residue on plates after a cycle
There is nothing more frustrating than opening the dishwasher after it has completed a cycle, just to detect an unpleasant residue on plates.
& # 39; Many people often ask me: & # 39; Why do my plates feel smooth, like oil? & # 39 ;, Laurent Salinge, a dishwasher dishwasher at Aussie Appliance, said Domain.
He said it's easy to assume that the detergent is the problem, but it's also likely that you won't be using your machine long enough.
Most dishwashers are usually supplied with two or three spray arms and to save water they work one by one.
If the machine is set to the fastest cycle, there is not enough time to rinse the detergent.
This means that the warmer rinsing cycle starts while there is still detergent in the machine.
Today, with technological advances, it is possible to select a cycle for your dishes that is much more intuitive than what was previously available (stock image)
2. Do not select the most effective cycle
Today, with technological advances, it is possible to choose a cycle for your dishes that is much more intuitive than before.
Colin Jones, an appliance expert at Appliance Online, said his recommendation for the cleanest plates was to use the Auto 45-60 – if your dishwasher has it.
& # 39; Auto 45-60 washes your plates at the temperature depending on how dirty your plates are. It tries to guess which cycle to use & # 39 ;, he told the publication.
The automatic function is unique because a pre-wash cycle analyzes the amount of food particles in the water and then adjusts the wash cycle and temperature accordingly.
How can you prevent a dishwasher tablet from getting stuck in the dispenser?
* It is possible not to use the dispenser at all and simply place the tablet in the cutlery basket or on the bottom of the dishwasher, although some companies say that their tablets do not work effectively this way
* Dishwasher tablets also work effectively in a dispenser when they are lightly moistened with water
* By removing the plastic lid from the washing tablet, they can dissolve more effectively
* Place dishes away from the dispenser so that the door is not blocked and can be opened correctly
* Make sure your water is hot by letting the hot water run into the sink until the water is hot just before you start the machine. If the water is not hot, it may not dissolve the detergent
* Leave out the dispenser lid
* If the above remedies do not work, replace the entire soap dispenser
3. Rinse the dishes in the sink before washing
Although it seems counter-intuitive, you do not always have to spend time washing the sink before placing it in the dishwasher.
Mr. Jones said that this could potentially affect how well your machine works.
This is because the automatic function on the machine assumes that your plates & # 39; clean & # 39; which means that a lower wash temperature is selected.
However, if you are dealing with plates where food is stuck properly, you must ensure that the worst is removed – most do not need to be flushed.
4. Stacking and blocking spray arms
One of the most common errors encountered by both engineers is that of switching over.
Although there are no hard and fast rules about how to stack a machine in order to be most effective, it is not recommended to over-pack it.
They advise to be especially careful with items that are larger, as if for some reason this is blocking one of the rotating arms, because the dishes are not cleaned so well.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) femail