The case of William Tyrrell will be referred to the coroner on the fourth anniversary of the disappearance of the little boy

On the fourth anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of William Tyrrell (pictured), the NSW police announced that their case will be referred to the coroner

The disconcerting case of the missing child William Tyrrell must be referred to the coroner, four years after the child mysteriously disappeared.

William, 3, played in his grandmother's garden in Kendall, on the north central coast of New South Wales, when he disappeared on September 12, 2014.

Despite a large-scale search and one of the largest hunts in Australian history, no trace of it has been found.

His family said Wednesday that the day marked "Four years of anguish and four years of endless tears for all who had love, not knowing where he is or what happened to him."

On the fourth anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of William Tyrrell (pictured), the NSW police announced that their case will be referred to the coroner

On the fourth anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of William Tyrrell (pictured), the NSW police announced that their case will be referred to the coroner

William (pictured left and right) disappeared from his grandmother's yard in Kendall, on the north coast of New South Wales, on September 12, 2014.

An investigation is proposed for next year with the hope of finally reuniting those responsible for their kidnapping.

Police in New South Wales announced on Wednesday that investigators had been talking to the coroner and an investigation before he proposed to NSW Deputy Chief Harriet Grahame.

In a statement, police said the investigators in the case "would like to acknowledge the continued strength and courage of William Tyrrell's families."

"Over the past year, researchers continued to explore research lines in an effort to find out what happened to William, including a large-scale forensic search," the statement said.

The statement adds that "William's families have been informed of this development and have requested their privacy at this time."

Following the announcement of the police, a statement was published in the "Where is William Tyrrell? Bring Him Home – Official & # 39; Facebook page.

Police launched another large-scale search for William missing in June, as part of Strike Force Rosann. In the photo, the police are looking for bushland

Police launched another large-scale search for William missing in June, as part of Strike Force Rosann. In the photo, the police are looking for bushland

Police launched another large-scale search for William missing in June, as part of Strike Force Rosann. In the photo, the police are looking for bushland

Police said in a statement that the investigation, proposed for next year, will be "an opportunity to test the information and evidence gathered by Strike Force Rosann." In the photo, the police are looking for bushland as part of Strike Force Rosann.

Police said in a statement that the investigation, proposed for next year, will be "an opportunity to test the information and evidence gathered by Strike Force Rosann." In the photo, the police are looking for bushland as part of Strike Force Rosann.

Police said in a statement that the investigation, proposed for next year, will be "an opportunity to test the information and evidence gathered by Strike Force Rosann." In the photo, the police are looking for bushland as part of Strike Force Rosann.

"Today marks four tragic years since the last time we saw little William, four years of anguish and four years of endless tears for all who loved him, without knowing where he is or what happened to him," the message read.

"Today also marks the gift of endless love, hope and support throughout Australia and the world.

& # 39; To all who have worried; to all those who have supported William's loved ones in our quest to find him … our sincere thanks for not giving up on our boy … you have our complete confidence and our deepest gratitude for your continued commitment to discover what happened to William. Our sincerest thanks to all of you.

The deputy coroner has requested a summary of the evidence, said the police statement, which will be provided before the end of the year.

The investigation will be "an opportunity to test the information and evidence gathered by Strike Force Rosann and promote the investigation."

Police said that the families of little William (in the photo) had been informed about the latest development in his case

Police said that the families of little William (in the photo) had been informed about the latest development in his case

Police said that the families of little William (in the photo) had been informed about the latest development in his case

"This is another step to ensure that the answers are provided to William's loved ones," the statement said.

Throughout June and July, police spent three weeks scouring through dense, remote thickets on the north coast of New South Wales, desperately searching for any sign of the young child, as part of the Strike Force Rosann.

Mrs. Grahame had visited the street in Kendall, where little William disappeared and toured the area where the police were conducting their search.

A reward of $ 1 million is kept for information that leads to William's recovery.

.