The British teacher, 27, dies after being bitten by an insect in Vietnam
The British teacher, 27, dies after being bitten by an insect and developing a blood infection during his holiday in Vietnam
- Josh Brooker, 27, contracted the staph bacteria while he was in Vietnam
- The infections entered his bloodstream quickly and began to attack his lungs
- The teacher was in intensive care for a month before he died on 1 October
A teacher who is regarded by his father as & # 39; kind, considerate and gentle & # 39; has died unexpectedly after being bitten by an unknown insect during a trip to Vietnam.
Josh Brooker, 27, contracted the Staphylococcal bacterium that quickly got into his bloodstream and caused abscesses near his spine and in his lungs after being bitten on his head while traveling in the Southeast Asian country.
While doctors desperately tried to keep Josh alive, the history teacher who worked at the Hope Academy in Newton-le-Willows was taken to intensive care before he died on October 1.
History teacher Josh Brooker, 27, contracted the Staphylococcus bacterium after being bitten by an unknown insect in Vietnam
The teacher was & # 39; under the weather & # 39; appeared after his return from the Southeast Asian country and began to show symptoms similar to fever
Josh & # 39; s father James Brooker, 57, from Somerset, said his son & # 39; under the weather & # 39; had appeared when he landed again at Manchester airport after his solo trips during the school holidays.
He told me Liverpool Echo: & # 39; The infection gradually carried his body down and it then attacked his lungs and he could no longer breathe independently.
& # 39; We were there by his side every day until the end. It was horrible. No parent should see his child die. & # 39;
The teacher was back to work for the very first time after his Vietnam trip, but soon began to show symptoms of fever and went to A&E.
However, he was quickly taken to the Royal Hospital of Liverpool and placed in intensive care on 3 September after medical personnel noticed that the bite on his head had been infected.
Josh was rushed to Liverpool Royal Hospital and placed in intensive care after doctors noticed the bite on his head had been infected
The infection quickly began to penetrate the teacher's lungs and his condition continued to deteriorate
When the infection began to attack his lungs and wear out his body, Josh, who read history at the University of Liverpool in 2014 before completing his education qualifications at Liverpool Hope University, was transferred to Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester.
However, the teacher's condition continued to deteriorate and after a month of hospital treatment he died on October 1.
Speaking of his son, Mr. Brooker added: & Josh was kind, considerate, and gentle. He was fun and he had a great sense of humor. His friends say he always feels like a party, but he was wise. & # 39;
After the teacher's death, students and staff at the Hope Academy school created a prayer wall adorned with messages dedicated to the teacher and also sent Josh & family a memory box with supporting messages.
Josh & # 39; family has also set up a Just Giving page in an effort to raise money for the Hope Care Fund, which supports the physical and emotional well-being of underprivileged children.
After Josh's death, his family set up a Just Giving page to raise money for the Hope Care Fund
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail