The executive of 60 Minutes, Jeff Fager, has not yet returned to work on CBS, as the replacement of Les Moonves dodges the complaints of sexual misconduct surrounding the network in an email to staff.
Moonves resigned his post on Sunday after a new wave of accusations against him and Fager.
Acting CEO Joseph Ianniello took over CBS on Monday and did not mention allegations of sexual harassment against Moonves or Fager in an e-mail entitled "Looking Forward & # 39; that he was sent to the staff on his first day in office.
In the email that Reuters saw, Ianniello said the company was in a position of strategic strength and that it was important to make clear the company's commitment to "diversity, inclusion and a safe and positive work environment."
"Today also marks a great transition for all of us, since Leslie Moonves is part of CBS, Les' departure comes at a time when we are operating from a position of great strategic strength," Ianniello wrote.
Meanwhile, Fager did not show up at work on Monday.
Scroll down to watch the video
The 60 Minutes executive, Jeff Fager (left), has not yet returned to work at CBS because the replacement of Les Moonves (right) sidesteps the demands for inappropriate sexual conduct surrounding the network in an email to staff
"He knows that the end is coming for him and he is not at work while everything is going on," a source told PageSix.
A total of 12 women have been mistreated by Moonves in a couple of stories in The New Yorker, including forced oral sex, beatings and reprisals if they resisted.
Moonves denied the charges, although he said he had consensual relationships with three of the women.
Joseph Ianniello (pictured), took command of CBS on Monday and did not mention accusations of sexual harassment against Moonves or Fager in an email sent to staff
One of the six new women who spoke against Moonves in a revelation on Sunday had more detail on Monday about how she allegedly attacked her in the 1980s.
Phyllis Golden-Gottlieb, 82, is one of the women whose new lawsuits against Moonves led to her resignation.
She alleged that he forced her to perform oral sex with him and was exposed to her in the 1980s when they both worked as television executives for the now-defunct producer Lorimar.
On Monday, she told Good Morning America that the incident and others, where she allegedly harassed her, cost her the race.
She did not report them to the police at that time because she was afraid of losing her job and, with two children at home to feed, she could not afford it.
Golden-Gottlieb reported Moonves to the police last year, but the statute of limitations meant it was beyond prosecution or a civil lawsuit.
"It took my whole career," said Golden Gottlieb, appearing on ABC with the famous attorney Gloria Allred.
I needed the job. I had two children who I was responsible for and I was scared, "he said, and explained why he stayed.
One of the six new women who spoke against Moonves in a revelation on Sunday had more detail on Monday about how she allegedly attacked her in the 1980s. Phyllis Golden Gottlieb, now 82, appeared on Good Morning America on Monday with celebrity attorney Gloria Allred
Insisting that her encounters "in no way" were consensual, she dismissed her Sunday statement that she had done nothing to damage any of the careers of her accusers.
& # 39; It really hurt my career.
"Immediately after he appeared naked, he came running to my office and dedicated himself to all this because I did not send any memo to anyone and then he picked me up and threw me against the wall.
"I just lay on the ground and I cried." I did not know what was going to happen to me, "he said.
He was describing an alleged incident in his office that he told Ronan Farrow about as part of his exhibition on Sunday.
In that piece, she described how he retaliated against her when she rejected him by moving her to a smaller office.
& # 39; He was the head of CBS. No one was going to take me, "he said.
Although he can not claim damages in a civil court and a criminal investigation is out of the question, Golden-Gottlieb said he wanted to talk to get rid of having to keep the secret.
This happened a long time ago, but I just wanted to get rid of it. To share it with someone, "he said.
Allred said that although it was also too late to file a civil lawsuit against Moonves, his "victims" They deserved justice & # 39; of some kind.
Moonves has categorically denied forcing himself to any of the women.
He says that each and every sexual encounter he has had in his life has been agreed upon.
Moonves resigned as president and CEO of CBS Corporation on Sunday, but will remain as board advisor for two years.
His wife, Julie Chen, was also absent from his position in the show "The Talk". of the chain on Monday.
In what was supposed to be the premiere of the "The Talk" celebration season on Monday, the other four panelists left grimly without Chen, who acts as host and moderator and whose absence had not been announced. .
Sharon Osbourne stifles her tears when she talks about Chen, who has an eight-year-old son with Moonves.
"As everyone knows, Julie's husband is in the news," said Osbourne. "And he's taking the time to be with his family."
Moonves' wife, Julie Chen (both in the photo), was also absent from her position in the show & # 39; The Talk & # 39; of the chain on Monday. They have been married since 2004
Chen also hosts the primetime reality show & # 39; Big Brother & # 39; on CBS. She has been among the most prominent personalities in the network and public faces, especially with her additional role as wife of the president and CEO.
She publicly supported her husband after a first round of accusations last month, but this time she has not yet issued a statement. It is not clear how long she will be gone from & # 39; The Talk & # 39; or what his status could be in & # 39; Big Brother & # 39 ;, which is in its twentieth season.
Osbourne expressed his love and support for his friend and co-host, a sentiment seconded by the three other panelists of the program, Sara Gilbert, Eve and Sheryl Underwood.
"Any time I've had difficulties in the last eight years, Julie has always been there for me," Osbourne said. "It's very embarrassing and annoying to have to talk about her husband, but we think it's right."
The four also expressed their vehement support for the women who performed on Moonves.
"The stories of these women are important," Gilbert said.
Her co-hosts said they expect her to return to "The Talk".
"Julie Chen, I know she's a tough woman," Underwood said. "I believe that this is a blessing from God to be freed from secrets and freed from lies."
As for Fager (pictured), the New Yorker also reported that Sarah Johansen, a former 60-minute pastoral minister three decades ago, claimed to have groped her at a party.
The accusations against Moonves occurred when he was married to his first wife, Nancy Wiesenfeld, whom he divorced in 2004, the same year he married Chen.
CBS Corp said on Monday it would pay $ 120 million to Moonves if an internal investigation into allegations of harassment provides no reason for his dismissal.
The network said in the filing that the $ 120 million settlement would be placed in a trust within 30 days and that Moonves could end up with nothing if the result of the investigation was against him.
As for Fager, the New Yorker also reported that a former 60 Minutes intern three decades ago, Sarah Johansen, claimed he had groped her at a party.
Fager is the guardian of the most influential news program on television, and only the second executive producer he has had.
Earlier this summer, six former employees told the magazine that Fager had touched employees in ways that made them feel uncomfortable. Some women said that Fager tolerated a workplace where men were protected.
"I really felt that this was one of the sexiest places I've worked in," said Johansen.
Fager told the magazine that he had encouraged the staff to talk to the lawyers who were investigating & # 39; 60 Minutes & # 39; and added: & # 39; I believe that a fair and open investigation will determine that 60 Minutes is a good place where talented women and men thrive and produce some of the best radio and television journalism in the United States. "
Reached on Monday, Fager said he had no further comment.
60 Minutes has often operated as an island on CBS News, keeping separate offices along 57th Street in Manhattan, where most of the news division is located.
As for Fager's successor if he does not survive the investigation, No. 2 executive of the program, Bill Owens, is highly respected, and the veteran 48-hour executive producer Susan Zirinsky would be a formidable candidate from outside the program but within CBS.
As of Monday, CBS shares fell 1.5 percent to $ 55.20.