The Australian model Jett Kenny sparks the debate about raising children

Jett Kenny posted the photo on Instagram with the subtitle "Give your son a punch & # 39;

An Australian model has reignited the debate over whether spanking is an appropriate punishment for a mischievous child.

Jett Kenny posted a picture of a child throwing a box in the doctor's waiting room while his mother watched.

The 23-year-old model titled the photo: "Give your son a punch."

Jett Kenny posted the photo on Instagram with the subtitle "Give your son a punch & # 39;

Jett Kenny posted the photo on Instagram with the subtitle "Give your son a punch & # 39;

Mr. Kenny then asked his followers if they were beaten as children, giving them the option to vote

Mr. Kenny then asked his followers if they were beaten as children, giving them the option to vote

Mr. Kenny then asked his followers if they were beaten as children, giving them the option to vote

Once final votes were obtained, 95 percent of Kenny's supporters voted "yes" to be beaten as children, while the other 5 percent voted no.

Once final votes were obtained, 95 percent of Kenny's supporters voted "yes" to be beaten as children, while the other 5 percent voted no.

Once final votes were obtained, 95 percent of Kenny's supporters voted "yes" to be beaten as children, while the other 5 percent voted no.

The son of Grant Kenny, a former Ironman surfing rescue champion, and Lisa Curry, a former Olympic swimmer, then posted another image asking his followers if they were beaten as children.

Giving them an option to vote, Mr. Kenny revealed that he was beaten as a child.

& # 39; Anyone else is beaten as a child? & # 39; I ask.

"Of course, if it was bad (sic)".

Once final votes were obtained, 95 percent of Kenny's supporters voted "yes" to be beaten as children, while the other 5 percent voted no.

Kenny's messages sparked a debate on Thursday's television show Sunrise.

Jett Kenny is the son of Grant Kenny, a former Ironman and surf lifesaver, and Lisa Curry, a former competition swimmer.

Jett Kenny is the son of Grant Kenny, a former Ironman and surf lifesaver, and Lisa Curry, a former competition swimmer.

Jett Kenny is the son of Grant Kenny, a former Ironman and surf lifesaver, and Lisa Curry, a former competition swimmer.

Poll

Is it okay to hit your children?

In a debate with host Samantha Armytage, 3AW presenter Tom Elliot and social commentator Jane Caro discussed whether Mr. Kenny should have published the photo.

"Parents have a very difficult time now dealing with children in public without random strangers, whatever children may be giving them advice," said Ms. Caro.

"It would be really nice for people in public to support parents more when they deal with their children, when everyone is tired and less critical."

However, Mr. Elliot said that something else bothered him because of Mr. Kenny's publication.

& # 39; Look at the second photo if you want to be outraged. There is something there that makes me very angry. Look at the way he spelled mischievous, n-a-w-t-y & # 39 ;, & # 39;

"Now maybe you should have been hit more at school because you can not spell correctly," joked Mr. Elliot.

Mr. Kenny stumbled upon the segment on national television and responded to Ms. Caro and Mr. Elliot.

"I know how to spell naughty silly friend," he wrote in a new post on Instagram, in response to Mr. Elliot's claims that he did not know how to spell "naughty."

"I did not say anything to the father, I was just watching," he replied to Mrs. Caro.

Mr. Kenny stumbled upon the segment on national television and responded to both Mrs. Caro and Mr. Elliot.

Mr. Kenny stumbled upon the segment on national television and responded to both Mrs. Caro and Mr. Elliot.

Mr. Kenny stumbled upon the segment on national television and responded to both Mrs. Caro and Mr. Elliot.

.