A fifteen-year-old boy dies from the Black Death in Mongolia, fearing an outbreak
- Several areas in Mongolia have been closed due to bubonic plague
- A 15-year-old boy died of the disease on the west side of the country
- Russia and China have been warned that they are vulnerable to the Black Death
A 15-year-old boy died of bubonic plague in Mongolia, as dozens of people who contacted him were isolated because of the deadly disease.
The fatal accident is due to Russia and China being warned that they are vulnerable to the spread of the Black Death.
The unnamed teenager had a high fever after eating marmot meat with two friends. He died three days after eating the rodent meat, according to reports.
A 15-year-old boy from Mongolia died of bubonic plague after eating marmot (pictured) meat. The teenager developed a high fever and died three days later
The boy died according to reports in the western Mongolian province of Govi-Altai (photo)
His contacts have all been reached to halt the risk of the disease spreading.
The bubonic plague is a bacterial disease spread by fleas that live on wild rodents such as marmots. It kills in less than 24 hours if not treated quickly.
The boy died in the western Mongolian province of Govi-Altai, the country’s national zoonoses center (NCZD) said.
A lockdown has been imposed in five soums or districts to prevent the spread.
Two cases of bubonic plague have recently been confirmed in neighboring Khovd province, a 27-year-old man and his brother, 17.
Hundreds were vaccinated after coming into direct or indirect contact with the brothers.
A couple died in April 2019 of the bubonic plague in the western Mongolian province of Bayan-Ulgii, after eating raw marmot meat.
The country’s national zoonoses center confirmed the news, alongside two cases of bubonic plague in neighboring Khovd province
A closure has been imposed in five districts to stop the spread of the bubonic plague in Mongolia
A confirmed case in China has not led to any spread this month, it is believed.
But the Mongolian Ministry of Health admitted that the mountainous Altai regions of China and Russia, as well as Mongolia, are at risk of the plague from infected marmots, based on a new study.
A TV broadcast acknowledged that these were “very active areas of marmot epidemics.”
It was “very important not to hunt marmots” or eat the meat, senior official Dorj Narangerel said.
The bubonic plague is a bacterial disease that dies within 24 hours and spreads from fleas that feed on wild rodents. In the 14th century, up to 200 million people were killed by the Black Death
He said, “The marmot plague is very poisonous. We urge you to pay special attention to the fact that the lung form of the disease is as fast as the coronavirus infection, but it is a disease that can kill people very quickly. ‘
Marmots are rodents and the heaviest member of the squirrel family.
In the 14th century, up to 200 million people were killed by the Black Death bubonic plague.