Thai man, 28, is electrocuted by his telephone

Man, 28, is electrocuted by his phone while playing with it because he is connected to a charger in his home in Thailand

  • Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, retired to his bedroom in Chonburi, West Thailand
  • His mother, Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, called on him to clean the house
  • After he didn't answer, she tried to poke him with a stick to wake him up
  • The 28-year-old chef had burns in both his hands and forearms
Advertisements

A Thai man died of a suspected electric shock yesterday after playing on his phone while it was charging.

Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, locked himself in his room on Monday afternoon with his black Android smartphone in Chonburi, Western Thailand.

When his mother, Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, was about to go to work, she went to her son because he had not responded to her calls to clean the house.

Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, is pictured after police discovered his body in his bedroom in Chonburi, West Thailand yesterday afternoon. Researchers believe he had electrocuted himself while charging on his smartphone

Advertisements

Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, is pictured after police discovered his body in his bedroom in Chonburi, West Thailand yesterday afternoon. Researchers believe he had electrocuted himself while charging on his smartphone

Kittisak's mother, 57-year-old Rinnaporn Moonkitti, (not shown) discovered her son's body on Monday after trying to wake him up to help her clean the house. Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand

Kittisak's mother, 57-year-old Rinnaporn Moonkitti, (not shown) discovered her son's body on Monday after trying to wake him up to help her clean the house. Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand

Kittisak's mother, 57-year-old Rinnaporn Moonkitti, (not shown) discovered her son's body on Monday after trying to wake him up to help her clean the house. Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand

Rinnaporn saw her son, a chef, still lying in his bedroom with his right hand holding his handset, which was connected to the mains.

He had burn marks on his hand and both forearms.

Rinnaporn said she was trying to wake her son by shouting his name and poking him with a stick, but he didn't respond, so she called the police.

Officers arrived and declared the young man dead on the spot due to a suspected electric shock caused by his cell phone.

Researchers are depicted investigating the body of Kittisak yesterday afternoon. At the first inspection, the police said they believed the 28-year-old chef died of an electric shock
Advertisements

Researchers are depicted investigating the body of Kittisak yesterday afternoon. At the first inspection, the police said they believed the 28-year-old chef died of an electric shock

Researchers are depicted investigating the body of Kittisak yesterday afternoon. At the first inspection, the police said they believed the 28-year-old chef died of an electric shock

Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand. His grieving mother said she thought he was sick when she couldn't wake him yesterday

Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand. His grieving mother said she thought he was sick when she couldn't wake him yesterday

Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand. His grieving mother said she thought he was sick when she couldn't wake him yesterday

When the police found Kittisak, there were burns on both hands and arms (photo), causing the police to believe yesterday that he was shocked by the phone charger in his bedroom in Thailand

When the police found Kittisak, there were burns on both hands and arms (photo), causing the police to believe yesterday that he was shocked by the phone charger in his bedroom in Thailand

Advertisements

When the police found Kittisak, there were burns on both hands and arms (photo), causing the police to believe yesterday that he was shocked by the phone charger in his bedroom in Thailand

The devastated mother said: “I came here to visit him, but he stayed in his bedroom all the time, even when I called him to help me clean. Then I went to check him in his bedroom.

& # 39; I was afraid he was ill because he had not responded to my call and nudges. Then I immediately contacted the police. & # 39;

The police said their first thoughts were that Kittisak was electrocuted.

This image shows Kittisak after his death in his bedroom in western Thailand yesterday. The police said they can confirm the cause of death after they have performed an autopsy on the deceased

This image shows Kittisak after his death in his bedroom in western Thailand yesterday. The police said they can confirm the cause of death after they have performed an autopsy on the deceased

Advertisements

This image shows Kittisak after his death in his bedroom in western Thailand yesterday. The police said they can confirm the cause of death after they have performed an autopsy on the deceased

They cited the reports of paramedics who identified burns on his right hand from where he had held the phone.

Captain Issara Arokha said: “The body examination by the paramedics showed burns on the victim's right hand, suggesting that he was electrocuted by his charging phone.

& # 39; We will take the body for a post-mortem examination before confirming the cause of death. & # 39;

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t), Thailand

- Advertisement -