Two more people died of serious pulmonary lung diseases, bringing the total number of deaths in the US to 11.
Georgia health officials reported Wednesday's first death in the state due to a vape-related illness.
Officials said the person who died & a history of heavy nicotine evaporation & # 39; and had not evaporated THC.
Later on Wednesday, Florida also reported the first death from a vape-related disease in the state.
The previous nine deaths occurred in Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Minnesota, California, Illinois, and Oregon.
Two more people died from a serious lung disease related to vapors, bringing the total number of deaths in the US to 11. The 10th victim was in Georgia and the 11th victim was in Florida
The Centers for disease control is currently investigating 530 reported cases of severe pulmonary disease related to sheep from Thursday.
The agency said it still doesn't know what causes health problems in e-cigarettes, but the cases have occurred in people who use e-cigarettes based on nicotine and THC e-cigarettes.
Although the Georgia patient had a history of heavy e-cigarette use, doctors said the patient had not evaporated THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
No information about the person who died in Florida is made available by the Florida Department of Health.
Of the 530 cases, the CDC analyzed 373 and found that two-thirds of people with severe lung diseases or 67 percent are 18 to 34 years old and 16 percent younger than 18. The majority, 72 percent, are male.
The CDC said symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. These get worse over time.
Nationally, more than 500 respiratory illnesses have been associated with sheep. Juul is the maker of some of the popular e-cigarettes and has been attacked by health officials
At the end of the case, Wednesday and Altria and Philip Morris International said that they closed merger talks a month after the deal was concluded that would have created the largest tobacco company in the world.
The makers of Marlboro cigarettes said last month that they were in discussion to become one company, more than a decade after splitting into two as lawsuits started.
Altria has exclusively sold Marlboro cigarettes and other tobacco brands in the US, while Philip Morris has completed international sales.
André Morantzopoulos, CEO of Philip Morris International Inc. said on Wednesday that the companies will instead focus on launching IQOS in the US.
IQOS is a heat-not-burned alternative to cigarettes made by Philip Morris.
Altria and Philip Morris International said on Wednesday that they canceled merger talks
People who develop sheep and respiratory problems or any of these symptoms should seek medical attention, officials said.
& # 39; The use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is unsafe, especially for the youth & # 39 ;, CDC director said. Robert R. Redfield in a statement. & # 39; Nicotine can damage adolescents' developing brains.
We must do everything we can to reduce the use of e-cigarettes among secondary and secondary students to protect them against immediate lung injury and a lifetime of nicotine addiction. & # 39;
The agency says that no specific e-cigarette device or substance is linked to all cases.
HOW VAPING MAY DAMAGE THE BODY
The aromas in e-cigarettes can damage blood vessels in the same way as heart disease, according to a study published in June.
The chemicals used to give the vapor flavors, such as cinnamon, strawberry and banana, can cause inflammation in cells in the arteries, veins and the heart.
They ensure that the body responds in a way that mimics the early signs of heart disease, heart attack, or stroke, the Boston University study found.
Other recent studies have also suggested that smoking e-cigarettes can cause DNA mutations that can lead to cancer and cause bacteria that cause pneumonia to stick to the lungs more easily.
Researchers at New York University have exposed human bladder and lung cells to e-cigarette vapor, which is marketed as healthier than tobacco.
They found the cells mutated and became cancer much faster than expected and mice exposed to the vapor also suffered significant DNA damage.
Most patients have in the past reported the use of evaporative products containing THC.
Many also report that they use both THC and nicotine, and some have only used nicotine products.
Meanwhile, the Trump government has announced plans to ban the sale of flavored e-cigarettes, and several states have passed legislation restricting sales.
State and federal officials have taken steps to remove flavored e-cigarette pods from shelves in the midst of an alarming peak in teen use and the recent wave of deaths.
Michigan, New York and Rhode Island have banned flavors this month, while Massachusetts said it will stop selling all vapor products for four months, the first such step in the country.
Massachusetts said it will collaborate with our medical experts to determine what makes people sick and how these products can be better regulated to protect the health of our residents, "said Governor Charlie Baker.
The ban on Massachusetts is the most restrictive. New York and Michigan have also said they will stop selling flavored e-cigarettes.
The city of San Francisco also said in June that it will ban all sales of e-cigarettes.
Regarding death, the Georgia's health department said: “The victim is older”. and had a history of heavy nicotine sheep, but no history of THC sheep, the active ingredient in marijuana
TIMETABLE OF THE ELF VAPING DEATHS IN THE USA.
An Illinois man said he used e-cigarettes to smoke THC. He died on August 24 after his lungs failed when he developed a mysterious lung disease.
The second person to die after foxing was a middle-aged Oregon resident.
They would have recently started using an e-cigarette with cannabis oil from a legal pharmacy and died somewhere at the end of August.
A third victim in Indiana died of the mysterious lung disease in August.
The patient was only described as & # 39; elderly & # 39; and little else is known about them.
The fourth victim, a 65-year-old man, died somewhere in August, but his death was not confirmed until 6 September.
Minnesota officials said the patient had used the electronic devices to smoke THC.
A 55-year-old man from Los Angeles was the fifth person to lose his life after smoking the e-cigarettes. He died on 7 September.
A woman in her fifties was the sixth person who succumbed to diseases related to vape.
The Kansas-born woman, who had a history of health problems, died on September 12.
A man from California became the seventh person to die after using the devices. The 40-year-old from Tulare County died on September 17.
The forties of Missouri became the eighth victim to die from vape.
He had normal lung function until he started using the devices in May.
The victim began to experience breathing problems that gradually worsened before being taken to the St. Louis hospital on August 22. He died on September 19.
A man in his fifties became the second resident of Kansas who died of the vape-related disease.
He would be a regular vaper who & # 39; underlying health problems & # 39; had. He died on September 24.
Georgia identified the first death of the state by a sheep-associated disease.
The patient had a history of heavy nicotine vapors, but no reported history of THC vapors, the active ingredient in marijuana.
No information about the person who died in Florida is made available by the Florida Department of Health
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail