Ten-month-old boy chokes dead on a PINE CONE at day care in North Carolina with a history of violations, because family claims he was dead for an hour before paramedics arrived
- Areon Ellington died on Wednesday in a daycare center in Raleigh, North Carolina after suffocation on a pine cone
- The police investigated and decided the death of 10 months old an accident
- A Daycare grandma day has a history of violations with the state division of Child Development and Early Education dating from 2016
A ten-month-old baby boy was choked on a pine cone and died after being dropped off at a daycare center in North Carolina.
Helena Harris said that on Wednesday morning she had brought her grandson Areon Ellington to A Hug A Day Daycare on Adcox Place.
At 11 a.m. she received a phone call from the daycare manager stating that the baby was bothered by something.
Scroll down for video
Areon Ellington died on Wednesday in a daycare center in Raleigh, North Carolina after suffocation on a pine cone
A Daycare grandma day has a history of violations with the state division of Child Development and Early Education dating from 2016
It turned out that Areon had a piece of pine cone in his mouth, which blocked his airway and resulted in his death.
A woman who identified herself as a relative wrote on Facebook that paramedics who responded to the scene said that Areon had been dead for at least an hour by the time they arrived.
Raleigh police investigated the incident and declared the child's death an accident, but said the investigation is still ongoing. So far, no costs have been reported, reported ABC11.
Areon & # 39; s maternal grandmother, Helena Harris, demanded that someone be held responsible for the death of her 10-month-old grandson
& # 39; My grandbaby is [is] gone, & # 39; Harris said WRAL. & # 39; Someone must be responsible for what happened to them. & # 39;
The Child Development and Early Education divisions show that violations were found at the day care center in 2016 and 2018, including hazardous substances such as chemicals and electrical tools found on the site, problems with submitting health assessments and Failure to maintain daily schedules.
During the announced visits, extra points were noted during the daycare problems, including not keeping up with the controls of sleeping babies and exceeding the permitted number of children at the day care center.
The state agency said that all violations have since been addressed and resolved.
Amanda Katrice, who wrote in a Facebook post that she is a cousin of baby Areon's uncle, accused the day's negligence operator and claimed that the 10-month-old woman was outside the house unattended when he was using the pine cone swallowed up.
Katrice's allegations have not been independently confirmed by investigators and the nursery's owner has not been accused of any crime.
& RIP baby boy ……. justice will be served, she wrote.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail