Teen rap fan, 17, died of a casual overdose at his girlfriend's flat

Kieran Shepherd (photo) was found dead in the apartment of his girlfriend on 17 February

Kieran Shepherd (photo) was found dead in the apartment of his girlfriend on 17 February

Kieran Shepherd (photo) was found dead in the apartment of his girlfriend on 17 February

A teenage fan of a rap singer died after an overdose on the same deadly sedatives that killed the troubled star, a study that was heard.

Just four months after the death of American rapper Lil Peep of an overdose of the drug, Xanax Kieran Shepherd was found dead in his girlfriend's apartment.

The 17-year-old & # 39; experimented & # 39; for fourteen days with the tranquilizers.

Now after the & # 39; tragic and unnecessary death & # 39; Of the teenager, the police issued an urgent warning about the danger of the drug they say is quickly becoming a problem.

Chesterfield Coroners & Court heard Kieran's girlfriend Erin Crick find his body on her flat in the city in the morning of February 17 this year.

The nineteen-year-old told the inquest that he had Xanax & # 39; no sooner than two weeks before he died. began to take.

Mrs. Crick told inquest how Kieran listened to music by rapper Lil Peep, who died after overdose on Xanax.

She added: "Many people in Chesterfield took it."

Lil Peep - real name was Gustav Elijah Åhr - was a Swedish-American and was found dead on 15 November 2017 of an accidental overdose of fentanyl-xanax

Lil Peep - real name was Gustav Elijah Åhr - was a Swedish-American and was found dead on 15 November 2017 of an accidental overdose of fentanyl-xanax

Lil Peep – real name was Gustav Elijah Åhr – was a Swedish-American and was found dead on 15 November 2017 of an accidental overdose of fentanyl-xanax

She said: "He was angry because his grandfather was bad and he was school sat & # 39 ;.

But she said she did not get the impression that he wanted to take his own life. & # 39; I did not think this would happen, & # 39; she added.

Lil Peep – real name was Gustav Elijah Åhr – was a Swedish-American. He was a frequent user of drugs because of his mental health problems.

The 21-year-old was found dead on 15 November 2017 after an accidental fentanyl xanax overdose

Xanax, the brand name for alprazolam, is a benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety and panic attacks. It is not available on the NHS and can only be obtained on a private prescription in the UK.

Illegal alprazolam, normally in the form of counterfeit tablets, can be purchased from street-level drug markets and can also be purchased from social media websites and apps.

Mr. Shepherd's friend said he was listening to music by rapper Lil Peep (photo) who died after overdose on Xanax

Mr. Shepherd's friend said he was listening to music by rapper Lil Peep (photo) who died after overdose on Xanax

Mr. Shepherd's friend said he was listening to music by rapper Lil Peep (photo) who died after overdose on Xanax

& # 39; Benzos & # 39; work by slowing the functions of the brain and acting as a leveler in times of high stress, excessive excitement or anxiety. But serious side effects can occur, including debilitating words or even total blackouts.

Earlier this month, Public Health England revealed that the number of children treated for addiction to tranquillizers has doubled in a year, to more than 300.

The fad of Xanax tranquiliser creates teenage zombies, study finds

Thousands of teens are being zombified & # 39; left behind after using the tranquillizer Xanax as a party drug or to help them cope with mental health problems.

It causes adolescents to suffer from memory loss and personality changes, according to the largest research of its kind this year.

About 35 percent of people between the ages of 13 and 24 take the drug into recreational use or help them cope with stress and depression if help is lacking in an overburdened NHS, continues the investigation of the VICE website.

Bambos Charalambous, who is Labor MP for Enfield Southgate and has previously expressed concern about Xanax, claims that the tranquiliser is part of a subculture for people under 30, older generations have often never heard of.

Xanax is banned by the NHS, but can easily be bought online in the US, where it is legal, creating a black market.

Benzodiazepine, also known as & # 39; benzos & # 39 ;, usually causes users to build up a drug tolerance within a few weeks, thereby requiring ever-increasing doses to the & # 39; hit & # 39; to get that they desire.

Withdrawal symptoms can include anxiety, panic attacks and even hallucinations.

Xanax, and copies of it, provided the sharpest increase – from eight children treated in 2016-17 to 53 in 2017-18. Ambulance services across the country have also reported a growing problem.

Many of the pills taken by children are copies that are purchased online, without indication of their strength or that they have been falsified.

Detective Constable Dean Tidd, of Derbyshire Constabulary, told the inquest analysis of Kieran's mobile phone that he & # 39; might be experimenting & # 39; was with the tranquiliser, but this was only & # 39; very recently & # 39; before he died.

He added: & # 39; The use of Xanax has increased dramatically. & # 39; We would call it an emerging trend. It is something that more people take. & # 39;

The mother of teen Lisa Shepherd described her son as a "caring and loving son". who had many interests, including music, playing computer games and supporting his local football team Chesterfield.

Kieran & # 39; s father Richard Shepherd said that he is a "sweet boy & # 39; was, but he said that his son & # 39; could easily be led & # 39 ;.

Coroner Peter Nieto concluded that Kieran's death was drug-related. He said that toxicological tests have shown that the level of Xanax in the Kieran system was within the range that can cause death.

It is clear that he was a very recent user of Xanax, a very inexperienced user. There is no evidence that he has taken the tablets to harm himself, "Mr. Nieto added.

After the investigation, the Derbyshire police issued a statement stating: "This is a tragic and unnecessary death of a young man. Kieran was only 17 years old and had his entire life ahead of him. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Kieran.

Kieran bought what he believed were Xanax tablets. Xanax, also known as alprazolam, is used for the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders.

• Tablets that have been illegally purchased are unregulated and can be contaminated with any number of harmful substances. There is no way to determine the strength of these tablets, or whether they are real or fake. & # 39;

.