Teen electrocuted in Brazil when lightning struck house while using her charging phone

Teenage girl is electrocuted when lightning strikes her house in Brazil while using her phone while it was charging

  • Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was murdered on Sunday in the house of a family in Santarem, Brazil
  • Teen used her phone while it was charging when lightning struck the property
  • A power surge knocked her unconscious before relatives rushed her to hospital
  • But medics were unable to resuscitate her and she was pronounced dead on arrival


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

A teenage girl was electrocuted when her home in Brazil was struck by lightning while using her cell phone while it was charging.

Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was at her home in the city of Santarem, in northern Brazil, when lightning struck the property in the early hours of Sunday.

The moment the lightning struck, the teen used her phone that was plugged in, received a severe electric shock and passed out.

Raja Ferreira de Oliveira

Raja Ferreira de Oliveira

Raja Ferreira de Oliveira

Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was using her phone while it was charging at her family home in Santarem, Brazil, when the house was struck by lightning and she was electrocuted

Doctors were called, but the girl’s family had given her first aid and taken her to the hospital themselves when they arrived at the house.

Despite the best efforts of the girl’s family, she was pronounced dead on arrival at the city hospital.

Radja was the third person to be electrocuted in the Brazilian state of Para last week.

Semeao Tavares was on the phone in the Apolinario neighborhood when he was struck by lightning during another storm on Wednesday.

Doctors managed to reach him while he was alive but were unable to save him and he succumbed to his injuries.

Councilor Raimundo Brito was also electrocuted during the same storm in the same part of town while plucking a duck at home.

He managed to call for help and was taken to the local health center where he was treated for his injuries.

After Oliveira’s death, officials warned of the risks of using a mobile phone while it is still charging, especially during a thunderstorm.

Oliveira's relatives, who were at the property in Santarem when the lightning struck, gave her first aid and took her to hospital - but unfortunately she was pronounced dead on arrival

Oliveira's relatives, who were at the property in Santarem when the lightning struck, gave her first aid and took her to hospital - but unfortunately she was pronounced dead on arrival

Oliveira’s relatives, who were at the property in Santarem when the lightning struck, gave her first aid and took her to hospital – but unfortunately she was pronounced dead on arrival

Advertisement

.