Taraji P Henson is the victim of identity theft when a pregnant mother of six, 29, is arrested for hacking the actress's e-mail and then spending thousands while dodging the police for months
- Alicia Newby (29), a pregnant mother of six, was arrested Saturday in Chicago after alleged identity theft of Taraji P Henson and others
- She charged over $ 12,000 in costs on bills and cheated companies, including JP Morgan Chase, American Express and PayPal
- She was released on bail and will have to wear an electronic monitor for her trial
- The police believe that Newby has found a way to access the actress's email account, although it is unclear how or whether they knew each other
- Empire co-star Jussie Smollett has submitted a false report on hate crimes to the police this year and Terrence Howard has been criminally investigated for tax evasion
A six-year-old bipolar mother was arrested and accused of continuing a financial crime company after allegedly stealing the identities of several people, including Taraji P Henson.
Alicia Newby, 29, appeared in court on Sunday, begging the judge to be released after spending thousands of dollars on cards linked to the Oscar nominee, 48, who first warned authorities about suspicious activity last year.
Henson was just one of the many victims in the scheme.
Newby was finally released on a $ 10,000 signature bail and electronic monitoring The Chicago Tribune.
She was also ordered not to have contact with one of her victims.
Police believe Newby has found a way to access the actress's email account, although it is unclear how or whether they knew each other.
Benjamin button: Alicia Newby (left), 29, a pregnant mother of six was arrested in Chicago on Saturday after alleged theft of the identity of Taraji P Henson (right) and others
Legal misery: Empire co-star Jussie Smollett (right) has submitted a fake report on hate crime to the police this year and Terrence Howard (left) has been criminally investigated for tax evasion
Newby has not only deceived individuals, with JP Morgan Chase, American Express and PayPal also listed as victims of her $ 12,000 crime.
The Henson manager realized something was wrong after he saw about $ 4,000 in costs to play cards with a name he didn't recognize and an address that was different from that of his client in the Windy City.
There were also additional fraudulent accusations on various other actress accounts.
The $ 4,000 in purchases was canceled, but when the police approached Newby in December, she fled with her children to another apartment.
She is also supposed to have rented an apartment using a stolen identity and her utilities registered in someone else's name.
Newby was in tears in court on Sunday, with the judge forbidding her to use the internet while on bail.
Henson is the newest Empire star dealing with legal issues, with both co-stars Jussie Smollett and Terrence Howard handling their own lawsuits during the show's run.
Smollett made a fake report to the police earlier this year stating that he was the victim of a hate crime and Howard is still under criminal investigation for tax evasion.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news