Vegetables like you’ve never seen them before: talented home cook called ‘Air Fryer Guy’ explains how to make delicious spicy panko crumbled CARROTS
- A home cook called ‘Air Fryer Guy’ shared his recipe for panko crumbled carrots
- ‘Air Fryer Guy’ Said The Simple Root Vegetable Doesn’t Have To Be Boring
- He said the recipe is his wife’s favorite and it tastes like fried chicken wings
- Air Fryer Guy became famous online by sharing videos where he fried everything in the air
A talented home cook dubbed the “Air Fryer Guy” online has shared his unusual twist on carrots: spicy panko-crumbed carrots.
The Australian man — who took the internet by storm over the past year with his inventive food experiments using an air fryer — revealed that the humble root vegetable doesn’t have to be boring and you can easily turn a carrot into a delicious snack.
“I always have a bag of carrots in the kitchen, who doesn’t,” Air Fryer Guy told FEMAIL.
“This recipe is great if you want to use up some forgotten carrots, because they taste less like carrots and more like chicken wings.”
He added: ‘My wife is vegetarian and this is one of her favorite snacks. She always asks me to make these “spicy little carrots”. They’re crunchy, spicy and delicious!’
Scroll down for video
A talented home cook dubbed the ‘Air Fryer Guy’ online has shared his unusual twist on carrots: spicy panko crumbled carrots (the end result is pictured)
The man – who has taken the internet by storm with his inventive experiments with an air fryer – revealed that the humble root vegetable doesn’t have to be boring (photo while making the carrots)
To make the panko crumbled carrots, you need 20 minutes to cook them and 16-20 minutes in your air fryer.
When it comes to ingredients, find eight small to medium carrots, some olive oil spray, half a cup of mayonnaise, a quarter cup of hot sauce, a quarter cup of flour, and one and a half cups of panko crumbs.
You will also need cracked black pepper, sea salt and some fresh thyme to garnish the dish.
‘Air Fryer Guy’ said the carrots are good because they taste a bit like fried chicken wings, and they are his vegetarian wife’s favorite snack (picture being taken)
How do you make spicy panko crumbled carrots?
Serves four to six as a snack
‘Air Fryer Guy’ shared his easy recipe for the spicy panko crumbled carrots (final result pictured)
Eight small to medium carrots
Olive oil spray
Half cup of mayonnaise
A quarter cup of hot sauce
A quarter cup of flour
One and a half cups of panko crumbs
theelepel teaspoon ground black pepper
Half teaspoon sea salt flakes
Fresh thyme to garnish, optional
1. Cut off the top of the carrots and peel them. Cut the carrot in half lengthwise and place on a large plate. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Move the carrots so that the oil and spices coat the carrots.
2. Place on the lightly greased AirFry tray. AirFry at 220°C for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly colored (still quite firm).
3. Remove the carrots from the oven and place on a plate to cool for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
4. In a shallow dish, mix the mayonnaise and hot sauce until combined. Save ¼ of the mayonnaise for later. Sprinkle the flour over the cooled carrots and turn them so that they are all covered. Place the panko crumbs on a baking sheet.
5. Dip carrots one at a time into the mayonnaise mixture, then into panko crumbs. Place the carrots on the greased AirFry tray. AirFry at 220°C for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven. Transfer to a plate or serving platter or plate. Sprinkle with thyme and season to taste. Use the reserved mayonnaise mixture as a dip or drizzle over the carrots.
To make the carrots, Air Fryer Guy (pictured) said you need 20 minutes to cook them and 16-20 minutes in your air fryer
To make the dish, Air Fryer Guy recommends cutting off the tops of the carrots and peeling them.
Cut them in half lengthwise, put them on a large plate, drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
After you placed them on a lightly greased baking sheet (Air Fryer Guy used a Westinghouse oven with an air fryer), he told you to air fry them at 220 degrees Celsius until they were lightly colored.
Then mix the mayonnaise and the hot sauce together and keep a quarter of the mayonnaise until later.
Sprinkle the flour over the cooled carrots and turn them over so they are all covered. Place the panko crumbs on a baking sheet,” Air Fryer Guy said.
Then dip them one at a time in the mayonnaise mixture and then in the panko crumbs before baking until golden brown for eight to ten minutes.
He recommends serving the dish with extra mayonnaise and some other snacks if you wish.
‘Air Fryer Guy’ became famous by sharing videos. He chooses a product – be it cheese or a Subway bun – and puts it in the tray to see what happens (air frying pictured)
‘Air Fryer Guy’ became famous by sharing videos on TikTok.
In each video, he chooses a product — be it slices of cheese, a $50 bill, or a Subway sandwich — and puts it in the baking tray to see what will happen.
In some cases, the food becomes a crunchier version of itself, which is what happened with the Subway, a cob bread that he filled with leftover pasta and mozzarella and placed on parchment paper.
While in other cases pink and white marshmallows became a wobbly “cloud” that melted together, Hubba Bubba gum, Starburst and sour worm lollipops melt or the cookie dough mixture forms a cake.
Dough-wrapped Ferrero Rocher chocolates turned out to be bite-sized cookies, Arnott’s Tic Tocs melted into a caramel consistency, and corn on the cob turned into popcorn.