Weird moment suspect hangs like a pinata on a church window while police officer hits him with a broomstick after he & # 39; has stolen a truck with a sleeping 5-year-old girl in it & # 39; in mexico
- A suspicious carjacking in Jalisco, Mexico, tried to jump out of a window into a church after being snarled by police on Tuesday afternoon
- The man, whose name has not been released by the authorities, is said to have stolen a Ford Ranger pickup while a five-year-old girl was sleeping in the back seat
- The suspect ran into a church in the town of Tonalá and told the police that he would jump out of a window
- Residents recorded the moment when the man dangled from the windowsill and a cop struck him with a broomstick
- Authorities said the child was unharmed. The suspect has been arrested
A man in western Mexico tried to jump out of a window of a church and ended up like a pinata while a cop struck him with a broomstick.
A video of a mobile phone posted on social media on Tuesday shows the moment when a police officer in Tonalá, Jalisco, hangs on the left leg of the carjacker.
A crowd quickly gathers outside and urges another law enforcement agency to strike him with a stick.
The suspect, whose name was not confirmed by the police and the prosecutor in the state of Jalisco, would have been driven away in a Ford Ranger pickup while a five-year-old girl was sleeping in the back seat.
A police station (below) hits a suspect with a stick after he tried to jump out of a window at a church he encountered after alleged theft of a pickup Tuesday
On Tuesday afternoon, residents in Jalisco, Mexico, recorded the moment when he was hanging out of a window like a pinata while a rope was tied to his leg
According to Mexican outlet Milenio, the distraught parents of the child immediately warned the police, who quickly found the truck.
The man led the police on a high-speed chase and later jumped out of the truck after being cornered before taking refuge in a local church.
Once in the house of worship, the suspect went to the top floor and threatened to jump out of a window.
The responding police managed to tie a rope around the man's right leg to prevent further injury.
A person appears in the video trying to grab the other leg of the suspect while the officer is constantly hitting him with the stick.
The police eventually arrested the man. The child was unharmed.
DailyMail contacted the prosecutor of Jalisco for comment.
An unknown man tries to catch the alleged thief of a pickup truck while hanging on one leg of a window at a church in Tonalá, a city in the state of Jalisco in western Mexico
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) Mexico