Support for Tories is the lowest in six years, but pro-Brexit parties are seeing a wave of voters

Support for Tories is the lowest in six years, but pro-Brexit parties are seeing a wave of voters

  • Support for the Conservative Party has fallen since 2013 to the lowest level
  • New data show that Labor would win the most votes if a general election were to take place
  • Nigel Farage & # 39; s new Brexit party would get 8 percent of the vote, poll said

Support for the Conservative Party has fallen to its lowest level in six years – while pro-Brexit parties are seeing huge popularity, a new poll has been revealed.

The Tories would only win 28 percent of the vote if a general election was held tomorrow, with Labor earning 32 percent of the votes, according to a YouGov poll for The Times.

UKIP would take 6 percent and Nigel Farage's new Brexit party would win 8 percent of the vote, the poll claimed, making the combined weight of loyal pro-Leave parties the third largest political power in the country.

Although the generally pro-Remain Liberal Democrats would score 11 percent, and Change UK, formerly known as the Independent Group, would win 3 percent, the data revealed, meaning that the Europhilic parties combined match the hard-line Eurosceptics at 14 %.

The Tories would only win 28 percent of the votes if a general election were held tomorrow, with labor earning 32 percent of the votes

The Tories would only win 28 percent of the votes if a general election were held tomorrow, with labor earning 32 percent of the votes

Only two thirds of the conservative voters of the 2017 general election said they would support the party again, and just over one third said they would vote for the Tories in the European elections.

As many as 56 percent of people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 say they will vote for the Ukip or the Brexit party, while only 18 percent say they support the conservatives.

In a possible election of the European Parliament, Labor would end up with 24 percent, followed by the conservatives at 16 percent, the Brexit party at 15, UKIP at 14, the Lib Dems and Greens with 8 percent each and Change UK claimed at 7 percent the poll.

The data for the poll comes from 1,843 British adults.

The research comes from reports of a potentially conservative leadership offer from Boris Johnson – who is said to be willing to choose Amber Rudd as his chancellor.

The former foreign secretary was said to be & # 39; Rudy & # 39; sought to appeal to the Eurosceptic wing of the Tories.

As many as 56 percent of people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 say they will vote for Ukip or the Brexit party, while only 18 percent say they support the conservatives

As many as 56 percent of people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 say they will vote for Ukip or the Brexit party, while only 18 percent say they support the conservatives

As many as 56 percent of people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 say they will vote for Ukip or the Brexit party, while only 18 percent say they support the conservatives

But Minister of Work and Pensions, Miss Rudd, has said she cannot support Mr. Johnson, while according to reports he keeps the door open for a & # 39; no-deal Brexit & # 39 ;.

The two newest forces in the data are the Independent Group, which wants to campaign on a platform to find another referendum with the option to stay – and the Brexit party, whose frontman Nigel Farage stated yesterday: & # 39; We cannot have a second referendum until we have implemented the first! & # 39;

It was predicted that the Farage party would score more than double the UK, both in the general elections and in the European elections.

Yesterday he announced Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister Annunziata as his first star candidate for the European Parliament – after she had left the Tories after 35 years.

Farage vowed to take the votes of the & # 39; tarnished & # 39; party he left in December and started a new word fight with successor Gerard Batten by claiming that he & # 39; good people & # 39; failed and a & # 39; take over & # 39; by the extreme right.

Advertisement