The 13-year-old girl, who was allegedly lured to a fake party by three teenagers who then tortured her for several hours, has spoken out.
The trio allegedly held the girl against her will and filmed the disgusting attack on a house in Tewantin on the Sunshine Coast on March 11.
They had befriended the girl, whose name cannot be identified for legal reasons, weeks before allegedly inviting her to the house where they allegedly tied her up, burned her, stomped on her, smashed bottles in her face and threw knives at her.
The girl’s mother claims that the alleged attackers bathed her after the torture session, before making her daughter clean up her own blood.
The three girls allegedly threatened to kill the victim’s family, including her three-year-old brother, if she told anyone what had allegedly happened.
“When I saw her (after the incident) she was trying to defend these girls saying ‘they saved my life, they mugged me on the way to their house’…they watched her so she couldn’t tell the truth, but I knew that something was wrong,’ the girl’s mother told the Courier Mail.
The victim told 7NEWS that during the attack, “I wasn’t even thinking.”
‘I didn’t care what (they) had done to me. I just wanted to go home and see my little brother and see my mom.
Meanwhile, the girl’s sister spoke Thursday morning detailing her experience of receiving a desperate call from her mother and then rushing to the hospital to see her brother.
“I don’t know how much I should say about this because it’s brutal, it’s absolutely brutal what happened and the way she was lured in was disgusting,” he told the Today show.
The three accused girls filmed part of the alleged attack and were charged by Queensland Police (pictured, footage shared online after the incident)
The girl was admitted to hospital with a stab wound to the knee, burns, a fractured wrist and her face swollen beyond recognition.
“Her face was swollen like it was the size of a pumpkin where she couldn’t even see with her eyes,” her sister said.
“He’s down now, like his body is healing and it’s just yeah, you know, physically he’s healing.”
“But it’s beyond shocking, what they did to her…it broke all of our hearts.”
She said it was particularly heartbreaking because her sister had been so happy before the attack.
“It’s really hard because I had reached a point where I was really happy.
“We were listening to some messages, voicemails, and she sounded very happy and after this happened to her.”
She also described her surprise when her mother called her for the first time.
“My mom called me at seven in the morning and said come to the hospital now and as I was driving there I was like oh my god what happened?”
‘My head was spinning and I got there, she was crying, she was shaking, she could barely get words out.
“She told me what happened and it was like she couldn’t believe it.”
The 13-year-old girl (left) pictured after the attack and on video during her recovery (right)
He also thanked the community for supporting his family.
She is a very strong girl, very stubborn. She is working on her recovery and doing well.
“We’ve been getting a lot of messages from a bunch of people we don’t even know saying how they feel about this situation and sending him so much love.”
Police have charged three girls, ages 12, 13 and 14, with multiple offences, including assault with bodily harm, imprisonment and armed robbery.
All three have been remanded in custody to face the Maroochydore Children’s Court.
Police have asked people not to share any images or visions of the attack out of respect for the victim and to deny the notoriety of those involved.
Investigations are ongoing.