Stylist, 23, nicknamed the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’ shares the one habit that has drastically improved her locks – and her other tips for growth and length
- A Sydney hair model has been dubbed “Aussie Rapunzel” because of her long hair
- Sophie said a good habit you can do for your hair is to apply oil to the ends daily
- She recommends oils including Argan, Marula, Moroccan, and Rosemary
- Sophie often does her own ‘rosemary rinse’ to stimulate growth
- She also shared her five tips for hair growth, including soft brushes
A Sydney hair model dubbed the ‘Aussie Rapunzel’ thanks to her meter-long locks, has shared the ‘best habit I’ve ever adopted’ and why it will change your hair in 2023.
The 23-year-old, whose name is Sophie but who goes by the Aussie Rapunzel TikToksaid that “oiling” your hair every night with argan, marula or Moroccan oil will bring you countless benefits.
“The best hair habit I’ve ever adopted – try oiling for a month and the difference will be amazing,” Sophie captioned a recent video.
Scroll down for video
A Sydney hair model dubbed the “Aussie Rapunzel” for her meter-long locks, shared the “single best habit I’ve ever adopted”: oiling your hair (Sophie, pictured)
Sophie said the benefits of oiling your hair include moisturizing the hair and in turn making it healthier, detangling it — which means less breakage and split ends — and making it shinier, which she says means “more compliments.”
“Apply oils like Argan, Moroccan, and Marula to your ends every night before bed,” Sophie added.
You only need a few drops and should avoid your roots to avoid making your hair look greasy.
Sophie (pictured) said the benefits of oiling your hair include moisturizing the hair and in turn making it healthier, detangling it – which means less breakage and split ends – and making it shinier, which she says means “more compliments.”
When it comes to her favorite oils for hair, Sophie said, while all types including grapeseed, coconut, and castor are good, nothing beats rosemary oil.
The idea that rosemary oil stimulates hair growth stems from the fact that it has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes nerve growth and improves circulation.
The 23-year-old also does an occasional “rosemary rinse” to stimulate hair growth.
To recreate the rinse for yourself, she recommends putting some sprigs of rosemary in a pot of boiling water and boiling them together for 10 minutes.
If you like, you can add a few drops of rosemary oil to make mixing easier.
When it comes to her favorite oils for hair, Sophieaid while all types including grapeseed, coconut and castor are good, nothing beats rosemary oil
The idea that rosemary oil stimulates hair growth stems from the fact that it has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes nerve growth and improves circulation (Sophie pictured)
Once this is done, she said you should pour it into a pitcher or container, let it cool, and then put it in the shower.
“Do your shampoo and conditioner as normal, rinse the rosemary through your hair and don’t wash it out,” said the Aussie Rapunzel.
“The result is soft hair and hair growth. It’s easy to do and all natural!’
Previously, Sophie (pictured) shared her secrets to healthy, shiny locks, including using a detangling hairbrush, argan oil and putting her hair in a braid to sleep
Previously, the Aussie Rapunzel revealed the secrets of her healthy, shiny locks.
The 23-year-old said she goes through a series of steps every night to make sure her long hair always looks its best.
She starts by using a detangling hairbrush to remove any tangles in her hair.
After this, she said she applied some argan oil to the ends of her hair as it helps to detangle and makes it easier to brush her long locks.
The Aussie Rapunzel prefers O&M’s Argan Oil ($37.95), which promises to “minimize frizz and smooth hair for a smooth, polished look.”
She explained that she always puts her hair in a braid before going to bed as it helps to keep it contained throughout the night.
She also sleeps on silk pillowcases, which are known to help with hair breakage and help keep your hair soft and shiny.
The Aussie Rapunzel’s tips for hair growth and health
1. Hair oils – She recommends using argan oil or Moroccan oil and applying it through the hair ends.
2. Hair care brushes – Use detangling brushes with small, flexible bristles to prevent split ends and breakage.
3. Regular decorations – Trim the hair every four months to keep it looking healthy or when the ends look sparse and sparse.
4. Stimulate hair growth – This can be as simple as brushing your hair from roots to ends or massaging the scalp with your fingertips
5. Conditioner – While showering, after applying the conditioner, put your hair in a bun and leave the conditioner on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with cold water to protect the hair cuticle and create shine.