Stoke reach the Championship play-offs with an impressive 1-0 away win at QPR
QPR 0-2 Stoke: Tyrese Campbell and Mario Vrancic score on either side of halftime as Michael O’Neill’s side claims all three points to reach the Championship play-offs
- Tyrese Campbell and Mario Vrancic find the net to give Stoke a well-deserved victory
- Charlie Austin missed a penalty at 1-0 as his weak shot was easily deflected
- Stoke went into the game after losing their last two games without scoring
- The result lifts them above Coventry and into the championship play-off spots
- QPR remains fifth and is now just one point ahead of Stoke in the table
Tyrese Campbell and Mario Vrancic helped Stoke return to winning ways, while Michael O’Neill’s men came 2-0 past QPR 2-0 on Sunday at Loftus Road to move into the championship’s top six.
The visitors had lost their previous two league matches, but looked back on their best in the capital.
Campbell gave Stoke the lead 14 minutes into the game when he picked up a fine through ball from Mario Vrancic before producing a controlled finish past Seny Dieng.
Vrancic then rounded the score himself with just over 10 minutes to go, as he curled an attempt from just outside the penalty area to take in all three points.
More to follow.
Tyrese Campbell (R) celebrates Stoke taking the lead in 15 minutes
Mario Vrancic (center) produced a measured finish to seal the win for Stoke at Loftus Road
Charlie Austin (L) lost a great chance to even things out when he missed a penalty in the second half