A six-year-old boy who woke up to find a meter-long snake biting him in bed told how he bravely wrestled his body.
Ben Gorman, from Darwin, Northern Territory, woke up early on Tuesday morning after he felt something gnawing his leg.
After getting a closer look, the boy realized that a Slaty-Gray snake lowered his teeth to his knee.
But the daring young man did not scream, cry or run.
Instead, he got a good understanding of the reptile, tore it off his leg, and hurled it at the wall.
Six-year-old Ben Gorman (pictured in the hospital with his younger brother Lachie, four) from Darwin, woke up on Tuesday morning and found a snake that bit his leg. He was treated for two bites on his knee
A slaty-gray snake, more than a meter long, slipped into the family's house and made its way to the young boy's bed
The non-toxic snake, depicted on a window slippery, was eventually removed by an animal control agent
& # 39; I woke up and felt something biting in my leg & # 39 ;, the boy said NT News.
& # 39; I tore it off and grazed my knee. I held it so tightly, I think I got the thing out if it was toxic.
The native Australian snake is usually brown, lead black or black with a white belly.
A white Slaty Gray snake is extremely rare, with Lucille the only one of its kind that the animal keepers are aware of.
The common nocturnal snake is usually found in North Australia.
The non-toxic snake grows up to 1.3 meters long.
When they are disturbed, they release a strong odor from their anal gland.
& # 39; Then I threw it in the mirror of our bedroom. I think when I threw it so hard, I think I tore his teeth out, "he said.
& # 39; I don't scream. I was so brave that I could just pick it up and throw & # 39 ;.
Ben then went to warn his mother Mischa, who unknowingly met the snake a few hours earlier.
& # 39; We went to bed as usual and in the beginning the hose lay in my bed and it bit me & # 39 ;, she told Daily Mail Australia.
& # 39; I kicked it out of bed without realizing what it was and that I was bitten. I just finished it and went to sleep again & # 39 ;.
Mrs. Gorman said that she was later awakened by her sausage dog Chilli who began to & # 39; go crazy & # 39; in the living room, but she couldn't find anything wrong.
Around 4 o'clock little Ben awoke to tell her calmly that he had just been bitten twice by a snake.
& # 39; He said, "A snake bit me but I threw it at the wall."
Little Ben was taken to the hospital where he was treated for two snake bites
& # 39; Then I realized: "Oh my God, I wasn't dreaming, I kicked a snake out of my bed," she said.
Mrs. Gorman would later realize that she was bitten after she found two bite injuries on her ankles.
The mother of two went to her children's bedroom, where she got a glimpse of the tail of the creature sliding down the toy box of her two sons.
She woke up with her youngest son, four-year-old Lachie, who shares a room with Ben, and takes the boys out of the room while calling triple 0.
The non-toxic snake was eventually removed by an animal control agent, while little Ben was taken to the hospital where he was treated for two snake bites.
& # 39; Do you want to know what the bravest is? Both my boys went to sleep in their bed that night & # 39 ;, said Mrs. Gorman.
The mother told her to put her children back to bed and assured them that their & # 39; snake wrestler & # 39; would protect them.
& # 39; I, on the other hand, I wasn't that brave to go back to bed & # 39 ;, she admitted.
Mrs. Gorman said it wasn't the first time a snake slipped into the family's house, revealing that she once stepped on a snake in Ben & # 39; s bedroom when he was only six months old.
She also praised Palmerston Regional Hospital and the snake catcher for his & # 39; amazing & # 39; efforts during their trial.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news