Shocking images show new attacks by the Syrian regime on rebel areas, leaving 15 dead, including three children
New attacks on rebels arrested by the Syrian government have killed 15 civilians, including a father and his three children.
The last strikes in the fiercest wave of the regime bombing of a jihadist enclave in northwestern Syria killed at least 15 civilians on Wednesday, a war monitor said, despite calls to stop the attacks.
Air strikes by Russian and ruling fighter planes, some of which use loop bombs and shelling, have claimed an increasing number of civilian deaths in recent weeks.
The violence, despite a ceasefire mediated by Moscow and Ankara in September, has led to massive displacement and increased fear of the worst humanitarian catastrophe in the eight-year conflict in Syria.
The United States and the United Nations demanded an end to the bombing on Tuesday, when strikes killed 27 people – the highest civilian death toll in the region since the regime increased its attacks in late April.
A man carries an injured girl rescued from debris of a building while civil defense teams and locals perform search and rescue work
Syrian rescue teams and civilians search for survivors in a badly damaged area after a reported air strike by government forces and their allies in the market town of Kfar Ruma in Idlib province today
A Syrian girl cries while seeking cover during an air raid by troops from the regime in the market town of Kfar Ruma
But the air bombing on Wednesday did not affect the province of Idlib, the majority of which are controlled by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, a group dominated by former members of Al-Qaeda & Syria's partner.
According to the UK-based observation organization of the Syrian observatory for human rights, seven of Wednesday's victims were killed in an air raid on the village of Sarja.
A father and his three children were killed in the village of Bara and four other civilians died in strikes in the cities of Hbeit and Areen, Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman said.
& # 39; The bombing by the regime and Russia remains intense in various areas. The Russian attacks are aimed at Khan Sheikhun but have now caused no casualties, & he said.
The Syrian news agency SANA reported that one woman was killed by jihadist shelling on the northern Hama.
Syrians seek cover because explosions destroy buildings in the city of Kfar Ruma. Regime forces and their Russian allies have escalated the bombing of the last major jihadist bastion in Syria in the last three months
An injured Syrian girl is taken to a hospital after a reported air strike by Assad's troops and their Russian allies in the town of Maaret al-Noman
A Syrian man stands on top of a destroyed house after a reported air strike by government forces and their allies in the city of Kfar Ruma
The civilian death toll has risen in recent days in and around Idlib and reached more than 270 last month, according to the Observatory.
In villages affected by regime raids, excavators have dug new graves and civilians buried the dead in the twilight to prevent them from being attacked by more air strikes.
Despite the huge increase in attacks, the government has not yet announced a full offensive to recapture the entire jihadist enclave, a large area with nearly three million inhabitants.
Analysts predict that President Bashar al-Assad and his allies will continue to throw away the area, but will not trigger a major attack that would create chaos at the door of Turkey.
The regime is likely to continue to exert lasting military pressure and to try to preserve the fragile stock that was reached in Russia last year to save the region from a major humanitarian disaster.
Syrians seek cover during an air raid by Assad's troops who sacrificed the lives of 15 civilians during the last bombing
Defense staff looking for victims under the rubble of a destroyed building after an air raid by Syrian government forces in Maaret al-Numan
Last Tuesday, Syrian UN envoy Bashar Jaafari said that Damascus will not bother anymore. to end the jihadist control over Idlib, comments from SANA.
However, UN aid sheriff Ursula Mueller told the Security Council that further escalation would threaten humanitarian aid to the people of the region.
She said that around 270,000 people have been driven out by the fighting in Idlib since the end of April.
Aid organizations are forced to suspend their work in some areas, she said.
At least 23 medical facilities have been made since April 28, including two medical facilities that have been attacked twice, said David Swanson, a spokesman for the UN Humanitarian Aid Office.
Five health workers died and 7 others were injured as a result, he said Wednesday.
The United States has said that & # 39; random attacks on civilians and public infrastructure such as schools, markets and hospitals is a reckless escalation. & # 39;
The Syrian conflict has killed more than 370,000 people since its launch in 2011.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail