Houthi rebels in Yemen say at least four civilians, including a child, were killed in an air strike by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia that crashed into a vehicle while traveling in the northwest of the country.
According to reports, the attack took place. on Sunday in the Bani Hassan district of Abs province, in Hajjah, about 200 km west of the capital, Sanaa.
Al Masirah, a television channel affiliated with the Houthis, a group of rebels who control most of northern and central Yemen, said all four passengers died.
He published photos on his website of a bombed vehicle and the dismembered body of two of the victims.
Al Jazeera could not independently verify the claims.
The kingdom has been bombing Yemen since March 2015 after the Houthis swept the country and overthrew the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) also carried out bombing campaigns in an attempt to reverse their gains, and deployed more than 1,000 Emirati soldiers throughout the country.
Saudi air strikes have repeatedly hit civilian targets during the three-year war, with the Yemen Data Project, an independent monitor, which reported more than 50 air strikes against cars and civil buses this year.
Their findings have also revealed that almost a third of the 16,000 air strikes carried out in Yemen since March 2015 have affected non-military sites, including weddings, funerals, hospitals and water and electricity plants.
The military alliance of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates has acknowledged errors in air operations, but for the most part it has defended its record.
He has denied deliberately targeting civilians, but he has faced growing criticism after a recent air raid on a school bus that killed 40 children.
the United Nations has repeatedly criticized the alliance's bombing campaign and last year placed it on a blacklist of children's rights violators
& # 39; Blame King Salman & MBS & # 39;
SEE: United States / United Kingdom reporting on Yemen (26:30)
According to the UN, more than 10,000 civilians have been killed since the beginning of the war, a death toll that has not been updated in years and that will surely be much higher.
Last month, Saudi Prince Ahmed bin Abdelaziz, one of the few remaining sons of the Saudi Arabian founder, told a group of protesters in the British capital that the broadest royal family should not be blamed for what they said. It was happening in the region.
"There are specific people who are responsible, do not blame the whole family," the prince said.
"In Yemen and elsewhere, our hope is that the war ends today before tomorrow."
When asked who these people were, the prince said that "he was the king and his apparent heir," referring to Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, also known as MBS.
Activists have accused MBS, who also serves as defense minister, of being the "chief architect" of the Yemeni war, which has led to what the UN has called the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
The world body has He warned that some 8.4 million people "are one step away from the famine."
|More than 10,000 Yemenis have been killed since Saudi Arabia intervened in the country's war. [Courtesy of Al Masirah]|