WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Samsung user shares video of a Galaxy A20e after it EXPLODES saying it sparks and goes up in flames

Just as Samsung finally left the exploding Note 7 fiasco behind, another Galaxy smartphone was instantly burned.

A California man claims that his Galaxy A20e started sparking “like fireworks” and going up in flames.

Kenji Yanase, the owner of the charred smartphone, shared a video of the Samsung handset after it exploded, which seems eerily familiar from previous videos of the damaged Note 7 handsets shared in 2016.

“The screen died, so I opened the back and started looking at it,” said Yanase of Montgomery Creek, California.

“I held it when the battery started to spark, like fireworks or something, with flames.”

Scroll down for videos

A California man claims that his Galaxy A20e started sparking “like fireworks” and going up in flames. Kenji Yanase, the owner of the charred smartphone, shared a video of the Samsung handset after it exploded

Daily Mail has contacted Samsung for comment and has not yet received a response.

However, Samsung has released a public statement regarding the incident: “Samsung stands behind the quality and safety of the Galaxy A series of phones in the United States. We contacted Mr. Yanase to pick up the device and learn more about what happened. “

Yanase explained that while holding his phone, the screen went black, he took out the battery and started sparking, which turned into flames.

“I got scared, so I put it in a pan from the kitchen and poured water out of the dog bowl,” he said.

“The screen died, so I opened the back and started looking at it,” said Kenji of Montgomery Creek, California. “I held it when the battery started to spark, like fireworks or something, with flames.”

“It just kept burning, so I took the phone outside into the pan.” “It was still flaming and sparking like crazy.”

“It was very scary, my house was filled with black smoke and it smelled so poisonous.”

“I covered it with a lid because I didn’t want to start a wildfire or anything … and that eventually turned it off.

‘I live in an area where forest fires are common, a small fire can eventually burn down 1,000 hectares or more. It is terrifying. ‘

Kenji believes the battery is the culprit behind the incident, noting that the motherboard showed no signs of damage – just the battery.

Kenji Yanase (photo) believes the battery is the culprit behind the incident, noting that the motherboard showed no signs of damage - just the battery

Kenji Yanase (photo) believes the battery is the culprit behind the incident, noting that the motherboard showed no signs of damage - just the battery

Kenji Yanase (photo) believes the battery is the culprit behind the incident, noting that the motherboard showed no signs of damage – just the battery

A California man claims that his Galaxy A20e started sparking “like fireworks” and going up in flames. Depicted is a Galaxy A20 smartphone

He contacted Samsung about the smartphone, which he said took the complaint seriously by the service representative.

But Kenji was so traumatized by the event that he promises never to buy a Samsung phone again.

“I will never have a Samsung in my life,” said Kenji.

“I lost my childhood home on fire when I was a kid, so I have PTSD for that, I check the stove once, twice three times before I leave the house, every time.

“I’m worried because this is a popular phone and can hurt a lot of people.”

Released in 2019, the Samsung A20e has not previously been associated with spontaneous combustion that ravaged the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones three years earlier.

On August 2, 2016, Samsung took to the stage in New York to unveil its 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 7, a spot where the company also saw an opportunity to make a stab at Apple.

“Want to know what else comes with it,” teased Samsung’s vice president of marketing, Justin Denison.

The Samsung A20e was released in 2019 and has not previously been associated with spontaneous combustion that ravaged the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones three years earlier (photo)

The Samsung A20e was released in 2019 and has not previously been associated with spontaneous combustion that ravaged the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones three years earlier (photo)

The Samsung A20e was released in 2019 and has not previously been associated with spontaneous combustion that ravaged the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones three years earlier (photo)

It was determined that the faulty Samsung SDI batteries were not the correct size for the device causing the overheating

It was determined that the faulty Samsung SDI batteries were not the correct size for the device causing the overheating

It was determined that the faulty Samsung SDI batteries were not the correct size for the device causing the overheating

“An audio jack. I’m just saying.’

The dig was at Apple removing the audio jack from its latest iPhone, which was not welcomed by consumers.

However, thin a few days after launch, it looked like Samsung was eating their own words after reports surfaced that the Note 7 went up in flames.

It was determined that the faulty Samsung SDI batteries were not the correct size for the device causing the overheating.

There also appeared to be issues with ATL’s Note 7 smartphones with batteries, which focuses on a manufacturing issue caused by ‘the rapid upturn in replacement phone production.

Just a month after its launch, Koh held a news conference in Seoul, South Korea, where he announced the recall of 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 devices that would eventually be replaced by a new and safe Note 7.

Due to Note 7’s fiasco, Samsung lost $ 26 billion in value in the stock market.

GIRL, 13, Suffers minor burns from Note 7 REPLACEMENT

A Minnesota father says his daughter suffered a minor burn to her thumb when her replacement Samsung smartphone melted in her hand last week.

Andrew Zuis of Farmington, Minn., Said his daughter, Abby, held the Galaxy Note 7 in her left hand on Friday as it melted. Zuis said the family bought the new phone the day the replacement phones were released. There was no problem with the original phone, he said.

“Fortunately, Abby was not injured and held the phone,” said Zuis. “If it were in her pocket, I think it would have been a completely different situation. I’m just really disappointed with Samsung and their product. ‘

Zuis delivered KSTP-TV coupons showing that the family bought a Galaxy Note 7 in August and then traded it on September 21 after Samsung announced the recall.

“She’s done with Note 7s now,” Zuis said of his daughter.

A Samsung representative told KSTP that an investigation is ongoing.

“We want to reassure our customers that we take every report seriously and we are involved with the Zuis family to ensure that we do everything we can for them and their daughter,” the representative said in a statement.

.

Comments
Loading...