Advertisements
A Sacramento woman has been left in a semi-comatose state after using a corrupted Pond & # 39; s label skin cream, according to public health officials

Sacramento woman ends up in a semi-comatose state in the hospital with mercury poisoning after using an infected skin cream from Mexico

  • Unnamed woman is in a semi-comatose state of poisoned skin cream
  • In its jar with Pond & # 39; s anti-wrinkle cream, methylmercury was found – but it was added by a third party
  • Reported that the woman had bought the cream from the informal importer from Mexico
  • Sacramento County Public Health continues to investigate
Advertisements

A Sacramento woman has been left in a semi-comatose state after using a spoiled skin cream, according to public health.

Advertisements

The unnamed woman had purchased Pond & # 39; s labeled anti-wrinkle cream that & # 39; was imported informally & # 39; from mexico.

However, Sacramento County Public Health said the woman became ill because of methylmercury present in the cream that had entered her bloodstream.

A Sacramento woman has been left in a semi-comatose state after using a corrupted Pond & # 39; s label skin cream, according to public health officials

A Sacramento woman has been left in a semi-comatose state after using a corrupted Pond & # 39; s label skin cream, according to public health officials

Officials confirmed that the mercury was not added by the manufacturer of Pound, but by a third party after purchase.

Advertisements

The toxic liquid is usually used in fluorescent lamps, batteries and polyvinyl chloride.

The pond skin cream purchased by the woman is used as a skin whitener and to remove spots and wrinkles.

This is believed to be the first case of methylmercury poisoning of this type coupled with a skin cream in the United States.

According to officials from Sacramento County Public Health, the woman became ill because of methylmercury present in the cream that had entered her bloodstream (stock photo)

According to officials from Sacramento County Public Health, the woman became ill because of methylmercury present in the cream that had entered her bloodstream (stock photo)

According to officials from Sacramento County Public Health, the woman became ill because of methylmercury present in the cream that had entered her bloodstream (stock photo)

Advertisements

& # 39; Sacramento County Public Health urges the community to immediately stop using similar skin creams imported from Mexico due to the risk of methylmercury contamination, & # 39; told Sacramento County Public Health Officer Dr. Olivia Kasirye to Kron4.

& # 39; Methylmercury is extremely dangerous for adults and children. & # 39;

Sacramento County Public Health is working with the California Department of Public Health to test similar creams in the Sacramento area for methyl mercury.

California has seen more than 60 poisons, say health officials, over the past nine years in connection with foreign or unlabelled skin creams.

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) Mexico