Royals will make sure Prince Andrew is ‘financially secure’
Prince Andrew can no longer use his HRH status and has no formal role within the royal family, but he will still be “cared for” financially, royal experts say.
Speaking to True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat, Newsweek’s Royal Correspondent Jack Royston and Majesty Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief Ingrid Seward agreed there is no turning back for Prince Andrew to public life.
However, Seward said Andrew won’t be completely ostracized as that could cause even more headaches if Duke is forced to find a source of income.
“He’s going to have more problems and start talking and doing TV interviews and writing books,” she explained.
However, she added that it is unlikely Andrew will be able to keep his home at the Royal Lodge on the Windsor estate, without some means of financing renovations and maintenance that are a condition of the lease.
Scroll down for video
Prince Charles and Prince William may want to ban Prince Andrew from public life, but they won’t let him hang financially, a royal expert has claimed
Speaking of Prince Andrew missing the Garter Day procession last week, Newsweek’s Royal Correspondent said: ‘If the Queen is gone, Charles won’t have a truck with Andrew trying to make a comeback.
“That’s game over for him. It may already be over.’
Ingrid Seward agreed, but said she believes the Duke of York will still be financially taken care of.
“They won’t rule him out because he’s going to get in more trouble and start talking and doing TV interviews and writing books,” she said.
The Monarch is keen to keep Andrew, 62, close because he is “intensely loyal,” royal biographer Andrew Morton told The Mirror’s royal podcast, Pod Save the Queen. (pictured together at the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service on March 29)
“They don’t want that again. He’ll be financially secure, but I’d be very surprised if he kept the royal box.’
Andrew moved into the £30 million favor-and-favor house in Windsor in 2003.
The Duke cashed in £1million for a 75-year lease in 2003 when he took over the property previously occupied by his grandmother.
Earlier this year, Andrew reached a multimillion-pound settlement with Virginia Giuffre, a victim of serial pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein, who had accused him of sexually assaulting her three times, including once when she was 17.
The Duke has repeatedly and vehemently denied her claims and any wrongdoing.
Since then, questions have been raised about how Andrew could afford to continue living in the Grade II listed building with no apparent income, apart from a modest naval pension to fund maintenance and any further repairs.
It comes amid reports that the Queen is still supportive of Prince Andrew, despite Prince Charles and Andrew wanting him to stay well away from the public.
The Monarch is keen to keep Andrew, 62, close because he is “intensely loyal,” royal biographer Andrew Morton told The Mirror’s royal podcast, Pod Save the Queen†
The writer, who wrote Diana: Her True Story in 1992, said the Queen deeply “values” Andrew’s loyalty to his mother, as well as his actions during the Falklands War and the fire at Windsor Castle in 1992.
“He’ll never hear a word said to her, he’s always been intensely loyal,” Morton said.
He added that Andrew’s military action also impressed his mother.
“She admires the fact that he was an Exocet decoy during the Falklands War in 1982, meaning his job was to protect HMS Invincible (the aircraft carrier) as the Argentines wanted to sink it,” the expert continued. .
Morton said the Duke of York made sure that the enemy forces did not hit their targets.
He added that Andrew, who was a prime target for the Argentines during the conflict, showed great courage.
The writer added that this had taken a lot of courage from Andrew and that the Queen had appreciated his actions.
And the writer added that the Queen was equally impressed when Andrew “organized the collection of artworks during the famous Windsor Castle fire in 1992.”
The writer said that these actions showed loyalty to the queen that the monarch was unlikely to forget.
In March, the Duke of York raised eyebrows as he led his mother to her seat at the emotional memorial service for the Duke of Edinburgh at Westminster Abbey.
At that point, it had been less than two months since Andrew and his accuser Virginia Giuffre reached an out-of-court settlement of their civil sexual claim filed in New York.
The Queen chose Andrew to take her to her seat at Prince Philip’s memorial service at Westminster Abbey
Looking back at the memorial service, Morton said the Queen had used this family affair, which was not an official state engagement, to show her support for her son.
While he may benefit from his mother’s grace, Prince Andrew is furious with the heirs to the throne, Prince Charles and Prince William, for preventing his return to public life at the Order of the Garter ceremony earlier this month. so it is claimed.
The Duke of York reportedly planned to participate in the full service presided over by his mother the Queen at Windsor Castle, but was restricted from some parts of the Knights of the Garter ceremony after Princes Charles and William expressed their dismay. voiced.
Meanwhile, the disgraced Prince Andrew, pictured during the Falklands War, is reportedly furious with his brother Prince Charles and his cousin Prince William for keeping him out of the Royal Garter ceremony last week.
Andrew helped save artwork from the flame during the 1992 Windsor Castle Fire, pictured
The disgraced Royal was subsequently prevented from attending the festivities in Ascot this weekend and is said to be furious at the meddling of the Queen’s heirs.
It is feared that the friction between the trio could spark an argument between the royal family during their upcoming summer stay in Balmoral.
“Andrew is desperate to rebuild his life and wants his titles back,” a source told The Sun.
“But he’s mad at Charles and William for canceling his plans.”
The Queen decided to strip Andrew of his royal titles and the right to use his HRH status amid controversy caused by his ties to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and child sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.
Buckingham Palace said the Duke of York’s absence from the Windsor Castle procession and the Order of the Garter Service was a “family decision”, but it is believed it came about after the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge attended the ceremony. queen had lobbied for his participation.
Andrew was allowed to join the Queen at the formal inauguration of new members of the Order of the Garter – including the Duchess of Cornwall and ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair – and at lunch afterwards.